[Hard/Challenge] Eurydice

• 117 Replies

Offline Antikythera

• The Great Machine.
    • View Profile
Re: [Hard/Challenge] Eurydice
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2010, 13:38:26 »
I would also tend to agree more with a very hard rating. However, it's all subjective, so whatever you feel like.
Menagerie - 25%
Skyline Spires - 5%
A Golden Hymn - 0%

The Great Machine, Antikythera, which grinds the blood of men into history.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2010, 15:02:52 »
die 0 times at each obstacle = easy
die 5 times = medium
die 15 times = hard
die 30 times = very hard
always die = lunatic

That's my method.  :)

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2010, 22:36:52 »
 I failed! :sad:

Maaaan, making levels easier is hard... Well I tried to avoid any total luck challenges that ruin so many levels (including my first one). And none of it seemed that hard to me. I made lots of sections much easier than they could have been and still been rankable as very hard. But I guess you guys know best...
S-sorry... :sad:

Lemon, where underground did you meet a talking statue?

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 22:39:17 by Talps »

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2010, 00:52:59 »
die 5 times = medium
die 15 times = hard
die 30 times = very hard
always die = lunatic

Really? For me it's more like exponential growth, i.e.
0 = easy
0-1 = normal
2-7 = hard
8-30 = very hard
Lurk more.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2010, 23:41:45 »
Ahh, but unlike you esteemed purple pineapple, I suck!  Total LOCP member, but with out the fancy banners everyone else caries around.  :)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2010, 23:48:03 »
The yellow mushrooms must have killed me a couple hundred times before I finally got past them...

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2010, 02:32:43 »
Ahh, but unlike you esteemed purple pineapple, I suck!  Total LOCP member, but with out the fancy banners everyone else caries around.  :)
I was pointing out that my death pattern follows a steeper curve than yours (see attached image). It is interesting that we both die on lunatic 30+ times, and 0 on easy, but I seem to pass normal and hard challenges with more ease.
Lurk more.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 13:29:09 »
Hahahah!  In the immortal words of Zaphod Beblebrox, you are one zarkin' cool frood.

And again, tis because I suuuck.  :)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2010, 01:09:49 »
Need some help... I paused for a few days, and now I don't remember any of the clues I got before that pause, and it's not exactly immediately obvious what I'm supposed to do without them. And any way of finding out by trial and error seems rather laborious, at the point of the level where I currently am.

I reached the King of the Dead and

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2010, 01:46:46 »

Offline obxure

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 17:38:37 »

Maaaan, making levels easier is hard... Well I tried to avoid any total luck challenges that ruin so many levels (including my first one). And none of it seemed that hard to me. I made lots of sections much easier than they could have been and still been rankable as very hard. But I guess you guys know best...

*massive bumb*

Just finished playing.

It is hard yes, but not too hard.  Both the puzzles and the obstacles were perfect imo.
Seriously, compared to some commercial platform games from the 90's this is still nothing.

It's not because it's free that you have to be able to blaze through it during your coffee break and then forget about it, there's nothing wrong with a little ambition.
“Humans are frivolous, specious creatures, and like a Chess player, cares more for the process of attaining his goal than for the goal itself”
(Dostoyevsky)

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 02:14:15 »
Well thank you, and thanks for the bump! :P

It's very encouraging to hear you did enjoy this, so thanks.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 02:49:07 »
One Tile Shaft with creature that could kill you and goes left or right as he pleases = luck based annoyance :moody:
seriously, i had to cheat to get past that guy. I am just thinking: too much luck involved, screw this.

Anyways, i am liking the concept of this level so far. Seems to be difficult but in a confusing & patience way.
I have only got the yellow key...

Lemon, where underground did you meet a talking statue?

I agree, making levels easier is hard. When i try to do it, the difference seems to be minimal. I had this problem after i made my second level. It was hard and lunatic difficulty. Someone though that hard was lunatic. I feel sorry for the people that did lunatic.

And just a question... Do you play lunatic levels often... i know i played some difficult levels (All my levels are lunatic so far :P)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:56:18 by PeppyHare4000 »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 02:50:39 »
die 5 times = medium
die 15 times = hard
die 30 times = very hard
always die = lunatic

Really? For me it's more like exponential growth, i.e.
0 = easy
0-1 = normal
2-7 = hard
8-30 = very hard

Purple Pineapple, very high expectations for making the level easy... i would stick with headgrinders method.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 13:27:07 »
I would actually be more critical than Pineapple now, except about 'normal'.

0-1 = easy
2-3 = normal
4-6 = hard
7-15 = Very hard

Or something like that.

I used to play a few lunatic levels, but I've since gone off them. There are still a few I have that I play again from time to time but on the whole I prefer not to go above 'hard' very often, now (soft as a candy-floss hammer). 'Exquisite Knorpse' (1, not 2) and 'Cyborg Juni' (again, only the first one) were a couple of the lunatic levels I found in the archive and liked.

Glad you're enjoying it. I might release a slightly easier version one day, if I ever feel it would get enough attention (not likely, but never mind).
Good luck with the mushrooms; I perhaps went a bit mad there. And sorry about the passage after the throne; it was only after 'Eurydice' that I realised puzzles like that just don't work well.

But personally I love the epic scale of this level, the huge-ness of everything. The temple is enormous, the lighthouse towers, the mines are vast, the pit is incredibly deep... I loved the vastness of it all.