[Hard/Challenge] Eurydice

• 117 Replies

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
Re: [Hard/Challenge] Eurydice
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 20:05:36 »
Ah, that was it?
I knew there was a special way for that, guess that's my punishment for not playing KS for a while  X-P

Offline trilby93

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 00:23:59 »
PURPLE KEY, YOU BESEECH MEEEEE! :'(

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 21:06:00 »
Just wanted to say that I finished playing the level (both endings) and loved every minute of it :)  Some of the pitch black screens were a bit frustrating, but it's alright. Very nice challenges. The only thing that stroke me as odd was...

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

One of the finest levels I've played. Kudos to you, sir :)
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 23:40:50 »
When I 'wrote the script' of the level, I had a very firm idea of what that was and why it was there, but it wasn't at all obvious when the level was finished. For the release, I added a secret room to that area to explain its presence. I guess you didn't find it :P
Ah well. It was fun making that part, 'cus it's very different from the rest of the level and I was so bored of tunnels and caves by that point :P
Still, glad you enjoyed it so much, and tracked down the bonus ending! :D My next level I have planned will have probably four bonus endings. It's plot is a lot more complicated than 'Eurydice', and since I'm no good at using flags it's gonna take a lot of copying, pasting and reprogramming warps.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 23:44:11 by Talps »

Offline steynj

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 13:00:46 »
I have run, climb, double jump, eye, detector and blue key. I just emerged from the old temple and have explored the west areas to no avail - and yes, I have travelled under the city through the buildings.
Help, please!

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 20:31:49 »
Spoiler: Steynj (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:17:42 by Talps »

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 00:52:07 »
Lurk more.

Offline steynj

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 12:51:04 »
Last problemo: What to do after I've got the hologram and turned auxilary power back off.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 14:40:32 »

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 02:43:37 »
It's a really good level, I love it x3 Congratz, good work  C)

But I'm stucked now... I have the ghost eye and the camera, and the yellow and the blue key. Where should I go now? A kitty thing suggested me to go somewhere underground, but I've checked and I didn't find anything.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 14:18:14 »
You should have seen the yellow keyhole a little while ago.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 14:20:47 by Talps »

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 19:31:13 »
You should have seen the yellow keyhole a little while ago.

Ok, thanks. Now I've finished the level x3 Said it, very good ^^ I hope you'll make more levels like this ^^

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 23:26:57 »
Apart from decorating some screens I'm about a third of the way through my third level, though I haven't made any cutscenes yet (need to get on with that!) The area I've been working on is very similar to the lighthouse in 'Eurydice' (I liked it too much to let it go after just one use) but I now have a lot of near-identical screens that I need to decorate one at a time 'cus I couldn't do it until the third level was fully organised. I'll post in the preview thread soon, maybe once I've got some cutscenes done. It's an exciting level, with a story more complex than 'Eurydice'.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 23:29:39 by Talps »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 01:22:19 »
I'm slowly playing through this.  I just go to the well.  I like it so far, though it is I think the most linear level I've ever played (so far) and I must admit I don't like the spooky purple tileset... though it would make for a cool Tron level.  It is just hard enough to be annoying to me, but not so hard I can't play it.  :) 

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 00:43:53 »
Okay... I've been playing this, sort of incrementally, over the past several days/weeks. So far, the difficulty has been surprisingly okay for me, considering I'm a card-carrying Crap Player. However, now I seem to be stuck - and I really don't see how there can be an escape from where I currently am. I'd be grateful for any advice. See screenshot below.