[Challenge][Lunatic] Insane (Incomplete)

• 13 Replies
[Challenge][Lunatic] Insane (Incomplete)
« on: June 14, 2010, 23:03:39 »
Yes after a many months of waiting, I have decided to release Insane.
Download it
Right Here

It was released before completion because I cannot say for certain how long it will take to finish the remaining screens- after all it took long enough just to get THIS far ^^;

Each obstacle has been tested and is able to be completed, some are significantly harder than others however. A few are taken from the other games I have made, and been given a touch up to be harder.

The game uses one custom tileset for the sole purpose of displaying what powerups you have for an obstacle. I know the tileset isn't the best work and it may be changed when the full game is completed.

Known bugs:
There are two screens with the same issue- they occur when the player is falling/flying directly in the center and do not obtain a power up. It is impossible to continue and there is no way to save without actually getting the power ups first.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: [Challenge][Lunatic] Insane (Incomplete)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 23:06:15 »
Downloading!  XD

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 23:29:44 »
I made it past the first two screens then quit. Personally I don't like lunatic levels that string together four or five very hard challenges and call it lunatic. :/
Lurk more.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 00:44:45 »
You're not hardcore enough.  :)
Meh.
Lurk more.

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 05:44:58 »
I don't think any lunatic level will ever, EVER be as mind-f!@#ingly difficult as Safety. I think we're all pretty much safe there.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 05:46:01 »
I don't think any lunatic level will ever, EVER be as mind-f!@#$ingly difficult as Safety. I think we're all pretty much safe there.
Safety Sequal?
Lurk more.

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 00:50:13 »
Either one. I refuse to play those bloody levels again.

Offline pLox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 01:39:35 »
Okay.. all I've got to say is.. wow. that was hard. really hard.
No, but really:
I couldn't even get past the second screen, and I thought I was pretty good at that kind of stuff..
holy %"@# was I wrong.
I can't say I'm a big fan of these kind of levels :P I mean, screen after screen with INSANE challenges, no music,
basically no breathing room at all. ( I mean maybe you could have put SOMETHING in between the challanges, some nice enviromental screens, or something a little LESS challenging, instead of just another screen just as hard as the last one :P, ) but then again, that's just me, and I only made it to the second screen, allthough I did give it a peek in the level editor, and all I saw was even more challanges, but I guess that's pretty much what this level was about, heh. :P
I guess I just don't like these kind of levels, where I dont feel you get a sense of accomplishment when you beat one screen, seeing that you just end up in another equally, or perhaps even more challenging as the last one.
well well, I can't say I enjoyed this level that much after the first 50 tries or so :P
I'm just giving my opinion :) But good luck and so on :D

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 02:24:32 »
Holy shifts! Just looked at it in the editor... I think this is by far the longest Lunatic level ever made (in terms of number of lunatic screens) and you say it's not even close to completion? O_o

Edit 11/8: Turns out it's not as hard as the beginning, some screens are simply very hard. Today I went from x1004y1001 to x997y1000, while getting to x997y1000 took much more days of occasional attempts. So, I overestimated its length.

x1001y1001 is absolutely awful. The only thing the button there does is makes you wait half a minute before each attempt. It doesn't present a challenge itself. I used the cheat for the button.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 03:07:56 by GrayFace »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 15:44:15 »
The difficulty is Very Very Lunatic. Save points are needed in x994y1002 and in the middle of x993y1003, otherwise no one will go through I think.

Edit 12/2: Disregard this comment. I've done both challenges without additional save points. I guess The Ascent to Death has been a good training for umbrella maneuvering :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 21:17:25 by GrayFace »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 03:23:58 »
BTW, I'm on the last challenge screen x987y997.
Overall, very nice level. The thing it lacks is better graphics.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 18:15:07 »
I've finished the last room :)