Gaia FINAL - [Environmental / Normal]

• 86 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Gaia 1.6b - [Environmental / Normal]
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2013, 23:59:13 »
I found the problem. I installed Anyndel-&-Drakkan---Gaia16b.knytt.knytt.bin which is not the the file linked to in the opening post. I installed the proper file and it works now. Thanks for the feedback. *gives star*

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2013, 17:15:34 »
Erm, would it be possible to provide a download link from Mediafire or elsewhere?  The link in the OP just keeps giving me errors, no matter how many times I try.  D:

Offline Bason

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2013, 23:52:16 »
PLEASE help me! The pirate0
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

And now [I can't get out of the cave when I teleport back to the continent before and I also can't get back up from the mine to got to the pirate to go back to the green continent!]

Please, I really don't want to do everything all over again, it would be too much!
Any secrets you can share?

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2013, 23:58:59 »
PLEASE help me! The pirate0
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

And now [I can't get out of the cave when I teleport back to the continent before and I also can't get back up from the mine to got to the pirate to go back to the green continent!]

Please, I really don't want to do everything all over again, it would be too much!
Any secrets you can share?
almost all the houses on the "green continent" could be entered. There are some upgrades inside. Also you can sleep in one house and find another upgrades during night and a blue key as well. When you gain it, return back, as there is nothing more (beside one good ending).
You need all four keys to enter time machine (it is on the left from start, before pig country).
EDIT: I can see your issue now. I am afraid you are stucked there. Good news are, that all key are in two copies over the world, so you still have the chance to finish the level. You need gain Red and Blue key somewhere else (in case you dont have them)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 00:02:46 by Drakkan »

Offline Bason

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2013, 00:07:29 »
But see, I can't make it out of the other teleporter cave.  :(
I've noticed that there are multiple keys around but now I can't get to anything.

Damn, I'm so stupid... Not sure I have the heart to restart everything now.

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2013, 00:12:55 »
But see, I can't make it out of the other teleporter cave.  :(
I've noticed that there are multiple keys around but now I can't get to anything.

Damn, I'm so stupid... Not sure I have the heart to restart everything now.
well... you can always open the editor, set starting point with upgrades you had (or keys) save it and then start a new game...
"before pirate" screen is x1054y1017
good luck !

Offline Bason

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2013, 00:14:43 »
Oh?!

Man, I have to try this! Never used the editor before though, we'll see how it goes.

Offline Bason

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2013, 00:18:40 »
(is there a guide for what you described? Or could you tell me here?  :oops:)

This is such an awesome level, by the way! I find myself in awe, time and time again!
That's why I don't want to go through it all again, those little pointless but awesome places won't feel the same a second time...   :/

Offline Drakkan

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2013, 00:38:53 »
(is there a guide for what you described? Or could you tell me here?  :oops:)

This is such an awesome level, by the way! I find myself in awe, time and time again!
That's why I don't want to go through it all again, those little pointless but awesome places won't feel the same a second time...   :/
no guide I am aware. So just in short - run the editor, open the level. On left dow side of the screen find screen where you want start the game, click on Set Start Pos (tick all the upgrades which you want) and place Juni somewhere on the screen. Now press File - Save. Exit editor, run the game, start new postion in the level and you should start on the starting position with all the upgrades.

Offline Bason

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2013, 00:54:24 »
Oh man.

Ohhh man.

Thank you.

You just saved my night.

Thank you forever!

:D

Offline juhj

• This happens when I can't finish a level D:
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2013, 16:48:04 »
There are several spelling mistakes in some signs, but other than that its got no bugs that I noticed. Really nice level!
image removed, became invalid
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2013, 10:35:04 »
...hello?  Is it possible to have a different download link?  I hope I'm not being rude, it's just that ulozto site doesn't seem to like me.  DX  I know I could just get Gaia 1.5 off of knyttlevels, but it'd be nice to get the latest and greatest version of A Level Of Legend That Everyone Seems To Recommend. :P2

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2013, 14:07:35 »
Well, the site likes me (as much as those sites ever do) so mirroring the file was easy enough. Here you go!

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2013, 05:43:39 »
Ooh, yay!  :D  Thank you!

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 01:18:13 »
Hey guys, it's been a really, REALLY long time!

I was working on the new version of Gaia a few years back, but when my computer got stolen and I lost a lot of progress on it, really lost all will to just start over with the new places. Yesterday, I found a backup I'd made with some new additions and all the dialogue fixes I had made back then. I doubt there'll be any big continuing on with Gaia, but I thought I'd at least release a more polished version. As it stands now, I'm calling it a FINAL version, therefore it has no version number. You can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/?eue6xk5nn8gg734

Basically has:
-Complete revamp of all dialogues, including spelling mistakes and such.
-Some added decoration, backgrounds, etc. in a lot of places
-A couple new places, for example, a small piece what was going to be Cloud continent to at least use the tileset I'd made for it.
-A few other fixes.

Hope you enjoy it, and for any bugs and such, don't hesitate on posting! I've contacted Drakkan to change the thread name but as neither of us is on much, no idea if it'll reach him.