How to make Bouncy Bricks

• 4 Replies

Offline LB

• I failed the Turing test.
    • View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
How to make Bouncy Bricks
« on: June 13, 2010, 02:11:09 »
I was messing around with the FiNCK Editor and got to the point where I shot random things out of cannons. Coins, buttons, birds, other cannons, ect. Then I got to blocks. I found an interesting effect caused by shooting the blackish brick tiles out of cannons. They are bouncy! Anything you put on them, including yourself, will bounce up and down on the tiles. But that's not it, if you hold down the jump key, you get super height from your bounces!

This makes for some interesting level desing. :D

Re: How to make Bouncy Bricks
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 04:29:46 »
Great discovery, man! There is the possibility it just looks cool and has little practical or puzzorial use, though.
Lurk more.

Offline LB

• View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 05:07:31 »
Well, if you make a whole rown of them, then load it up with spiked things, it becomes more interesting. :)

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 08:30:01 »
i believe that is because the wall blocks (the black ones) are a stationary object. Making them appear using the cannon gives them physics, which probably bugs them up a little. neat find!  C)p
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline LB

• View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 01:47:23 »
ClockworkLemon that is my thought too. But instead of Physics (since they already have that) I think they are stuck with upward velocity. It's like then standing on a blue jumper that jumps but hits something, and you keep going.

EDIT: I found out that it works with Orange blocks too!