Knytt stories Round Robin

• 345 Replies

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
Re: Knytt stories Round Robin
« Reply #315 on: December 19, 2010, 23:52:39 »
Random praise and encouragement:  I like what I've been seeing here and I'm REALLY looking forward to what will happen next.  I know this thing has been apparently slowing down though I'm not sure why.  Any thoughts? 

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #316 on: December 20, 2010, 17:13:49 »
Honestly, I'm ready for us to wrap this project up. We've moved our focus to finishing the level, and I think that's part of the waning interest. We've severely limited what can be done, and are increasingly changing what's already there.

I don't know how StraightFlame's section could be changed to fit the new story. I'm not sure that it should be. This is not just a community level, but also a round-robin level. If some parts don't fit just right, then I say that's the nature of a round-robin.

PS: I humbly request that someone use the interiors tileset I made.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 30, 2010, 12:55:25 »
Wow.  This poor topic, so abandoned.

I guess I agree with you Egomassive.  I get really hung up on perfectionism sometimes, which while that can be good, can also be a major impediment.  Sooo... perhaps we just need to figure out the minimum that is required to at least tie the story line up?

And yes, we need to use your interior.  :)

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 04, 2011, 02:58:15 »
I'm so, so sorry. I've been COMPLETELY out of it lately. (Ooooh, Nightsky has a release date :D)

Peppyhare is skipped. Straightflame is up. I'll send him a PM.
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline oskop

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 04, 2011, 06:34:42 »
Who's responsible for the laboratory tileset? That section looks freaking amazing!

« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2011, 12:37:23 »
Straightflame is up. I'll send him a PM.
...my turn to shine arrived.

Also, to oskop:
Who's responsible for the laboratory tileset? That section looks freaking amazing!
It was made by egomassive, some parts are done by Headgrinder. They said you can use it in your KS level, but they don't want you to Palette Swap it or torture it in any other way.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2011, 13:33:12 »
Also, to oskop:
It was made by egomassive, some parts are done by Headgrinder. They said you can use it in your KS level, but they don't want you to Palette Swap it or torture it in any other way.

And me :P
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 04, 2011, 14:07:17 »
Yeah activity!

I completely agree oskop btw.  Egomassive outdid himself in coolness for the lab tileset, so much so that I've been working on another level using it.   In fact, for what it is worth, I honor you with a star, ego!  :hiddenstar:

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 04, 2011, 18:52:53 »
I just realized i have made an error in my update. Can someone change the shift at x990 y1008 to turn on Flag 4 instead of Flag 2? else you will ''Grab'' Dr.wood's Key-card  as soon as you enter the room with the locks to the reactor.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

« Reply #324 on: January 06, 2011, 16:19:45 »
Has the blue key been set yet?

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 07, 2011, 14:39:02 »
Has the blue key been set yet?
I don't think so, not sure though.

« Reply #326 on: January 07, 2011, 18:32:13 »
Here's your level back!
Spoiler: List of things i did (click to show/hide)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 08, 2011, 00:53:10 »
Good job.  There is a weirdness with the mountain O' snow as juni does a slight wall swim when going from 45 degree to another 45 degree between screens.  It's just a minor aesthetic effect, though.  And there seem to be some bugs on your blue key screen.  One cave doesn't seem to go anywhere, and the text on this screen matches the text on the screen the second cave takes you to.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #328 on: January 08, 2011, 03:43:37 »
Actually You can do what you please with that tileset now*. It was only marked "no edit" during production, because I released it in stages**. This was to prevent people from filling in tiles that I intended to use. On a side note, tilesets generally have credits on them which are viewable in the level editor.

*As long as it's for Knytt Stories and everyone is credited.
**The version in the level isn't the final version. The only difference is the the credits and permissions, but someone should make the swap. Thanks.

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 08, 2011, 20:58:35 »
Okay! :)

AClockworkLemon is up. I'll send him a PM