Knytt stories Round Robin

• 345 Replies

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
Re: Knytt stories Round Robin
« Reply #300 on: November 25, 2010, 20:29:45 »
Well, this causes quite a mess..

I can't either, and even though Peppyhare asked me to bump him, that was such a short time ago that I doubt now would work better. So... umm... Sergiocornaga is up. I'll send a PM.

EDIT:
Future contenders: here's the slightly "jumbled" current list. Let me know if it's okay:

Current list
1. Headgrinder [done]
2. Firecat [done]
3. Sergiocornaga
4. StraightFlame
5. Peppyhare4000
6. AClockworkLemon
7. Bulbapuck
8. Pick Yer Poison
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 20:33:46 by bulbapuck »
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2010, 01:16:07 »
Oops, I haven't been paying attention. Any chance I can get a summary of anything specific that would need to be done on my end, other than just expanding the level? X)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2010, 17:41:09 »
Here is an updated version of the list egomassive made earlier:

* An opening sequence. Establish that Juni is after wood for a fire, and perhaps hinting at the story of the gods.
    * At least 2 ending sequences.  Juni builds a fire, but the winter continues, vs Juni counteracts the winter god.
    * A suggestion to find Wood in the labs.
    * A scene with Dr. Wood, furthering the plot, and perhaps receiving something that helps disable the winter.
    * Insert all the keys, including the key card to Dr. Wood's big experiment.
    * Tie the Ancient tech in the ice caves to the research in the lab.
    * An "environmental" path through the "Falling Ice" cave, a way out, and a suggestion to go there.
    * Fix areas with messages like, "I don't have a sound card." and, "I ran out of time."
    * Add purpose to the underwater section, perhaps fallowing the unofficial demo by Firecat at http://www.mediafire.com/?g5dnmyrkk9z4vir
    * Remove waterfalls from trees above water section.
    * Add missing labs.
    * Voids/SGEs
    * Either make time travel region an unrelated and hidden side plot, or rewrite its plot to fit the larger plot (just noticed this is Strieghtflames area, so I'll see if he's ok with it changing and how.)
    * Redevelop the room(s) at the end of the lab 3 radiation area to be a more important lab area that helps further the plot.

There where other suggestions and ideas throughout the thread, but some don't fit anymore and I don't have time to sort them right now.  There are also no doubt other issues to be added and refined, but I think this list will work fine for now.

As for organizing people to help finish out the level, I'll go ahead and suggest we stay in the format we have now until the majority of the level is complete, then switch to a final format of a few people who will work together to tie together the last details and polish everything off.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2010, 00:16:02 »
My turn sure arrived quickly.  O_o I'll see what I can do!

« Reply #304 on: December 05, 2010, 21:10:39 »
Yeah, so Headgrinder kept PM'ing me about Linear Greenfire Road (that green future area) and how to tie it to the main plot. At some point Headgrind-Shinx Headgrinder said:
It might be better to have this conversation in the forums where you can get more input than just mine.   X-P
Yeah, so, up until now, we are planning to make the current time machine link to a point before the ancient civilization died off. The Greenfire Road is being linked to by another time machine hidden in one of the labs. Also no key will be there according to Headgrinder, so don't even bother looking for the time machine.

Your opinion on this?

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #305 on: December 08, 2010, 17:59:47 »
http://www.mediafire.com/?55dmmb9clk5x4ps

Figured I should upload this. :oops: I wasn't able to do too much, but I did go through and fix a lot of bugs.

I added an environmental / tourist's path to the cave, which includes the same elements as the currently unfinished challenging area. I, or someone else, can make appropriate adjustments when the challenging area gets completed (it needs to become true to its name!) if necessary.

A potentially controversial change I made is the modification of the Tundra tileset. I was unhappy with how it was impossible to run smoothly across the slopes, so I shifted some pixels around. Please give me some feedback on this! The original tileset is still in there as Tileset0.

« Reply #306 on: December 08, 2010, 18:56:29 »
...Is it my turn yet? I probably can't really do all that much, so you might as well [s]-ify me from the list. Entirely.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 19:10:09 by StraightFlame »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2010, 03:05:32 »
Did you do the challenging route? I'd like to see that get finished, and it didn't feel right doing it myself. Apologies if it wasn't you, I have trouble keeping track since I only joined this recently. If there's some reason you're unable to continue ever, just ignore this...

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2010, 04:22:26 »
Your are up StraightFlame, if you so choose to take the challenge.  Whatever you decide to do is fine, so I hope I didn't discourage you from doing what you would like to by bombarding you with pm's concerning what I hope you might do.   :oops:

« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2010, 20:33:48 »
Um... I have only 2 hours left to work on the level. And of all hours, they're the two hours that my imagination is lagging. After that, i won't be able to work on any kind of KS level for 9 days, and then i have 5 days of KS-level-create-ability-whatzit again, then you'll have to wait for 9 more days. This repeats itself every 2 weeks since my parents divorced. Hope ya understand.

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 10, 2010, 10:42:22 »
I'll bump you down another step then.

Peppyhare4000 is up. I'll send him a PM.
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2010, 13:33:02 »
@ sergiocornaga:  Sorry this took so long, but I finally downloaded and tracked down your contribution.  Nice job!  There really are some unique and beautiful sections in there.  I actually wish it was a lot longer!  

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #312 on: December 13, 2010, 14:38:58 »
@ sergiocornaga:  Sorry this took so long, but I finally downloaded and tracked down your contribution.  Nice job!  There really are some unique and beautiful sections in there.  I actually wish it was a lot longer!  

Thanks. If it comes around to me again and the other path is finished, I'll expand my one a bit more.

Any comments on the Tundra modifications?

« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2010, 18:39:38 »
So... My turn'll be in another 3 days, amirite?

Expect an area made by an amateur who doesn't have a sound card, also a few areas will be redone. I guess...

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2010, 19:27:09 »
just to let people know, i worked on some of the level during my turn right now.