Knytt stories Round Robin

• 345 Replies

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Re: Knytt stories Round Robin
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2010, 17:03:04 »
I love the new tileset stuff! It would be funny if you could actually interact in some way with the soda machine.   :P2

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2010, 18:30:57 »
How does the 6 tank machine look in the flat knytt stories environment?  It seems like it would look odd, unless there where some supports under the back tanks.

Also, I had it in my mind that there would be a connection between the statues and the labs, like they are researching some property of the statues.  I don't see that happening yet in the tileset, and I'm unsure how the tanks relate to that idea.  Perhaps we need a sensor array of some kind that can be layered over a statue and then can seem to be hooked up to vats, computers, etc.

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2010, 18:36:25 »
But back on the number of turns, which I don't think we ever fully answered, we are talking about being able to go at least 2 or 3 times, right?  At LEAST after we've run out of volunteers so we can finish it. 

Okay, here's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to make a list of people who want to go a second time around. When we get to the point where we run out of volunteers, we will know if the level needs more or if we're pleased.

I believe this would be the best solution for now. So I'm gonna put myself on such a list, anyone else? (I suppose headgrinder, but I should still ask :))
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2010, 19:01:28 »
The object with the green tubes is the radioactive reactor mentioned in the level. It just powers the lab. I think it looks great in level. I see it as staggered height, not a front-and-top perspective. You can see supports on the side tubes attaching to the tank. (Probably more obvious with the forum's Knytt theme.)

A sensor array that can hold a statue is a great idea. I thought the focus was on the metaphysical symbols. That's why I included so many computers. I should make a chalk board with images of the statues and symbols on them too (if I can make them fit.)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2010, 19:08:23 »
@ bulbapuck: totally in dude.

@ egomassive: staggered height makes since, but I though the "support" was just a pipe.  I've actually worked around a lot of very large stainless steel tanks because I grind steel for a living, so I was looking at it with the view of "where the heck are the supports a tank that size would need?"

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2010, 19:37:01 »
The blue parts are pipes. There are small horizontal bars beneath for support. I don't know which you are referring to. I tried all sorts of supports. There's so much detail already that adding substantial supports started mucking it up. That's why the pipes ended up blue too. Black pipes made a mess of things. I'll give it another go later when I can approach with a fresh look.

@Bulbapuck: I was sad too when I saw Nifflas' cabin on the first screen of the game knowing that I planned to make a cabin myself. What also makes me sad is that some of the ideas in these sets, I developed for the big level I'm working on. Now, parts of my level will be less unique. :( Honestly the first time I saw a screen shot of Smashy's Tundra in use, I thought my snow scape set had somehow been leaked.
Spoiler: My snow scape (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 19:41:29 by egomassive »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2010, 23:51:50 »
@egomassive:  Yeah, referring to the black supports underneath.  Let me back up and say again I think it looks fantastic (and your snow scape preview is likewise amazing!).  But as a perfectionist and a guy who has gone through a lot of critiques in art classes, I blurt out my every criticism because I find it helpful when people do that to me.  So, my thought was "how is it supported?  I can't tell," but in fact I think it looks fine.  It could be that they are simply attached to the big metal tank in the middle, and the leg supports that I envisioned would in fact be very cluttery. 

Anyhow, I probably talk to much.  :P

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2010, 00:14:46 »
Spoiler: My snow scape (click to show/hide)

Do you know how much I look forward to your level right now?
*streches arms as far as I can* Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much C)p

[/offtopic]

And I agree with Sal, a from me too :)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2010, 21:34:20 »
Wow, my first star! Is that 2 stars or just a second nomination for the first? Either way, thanks guys. I intended to throw some tiles together in a few days. It's been over a month and I'm still here. It's been fun so far, but I'm glad these sets are nearing completion. I need to focus on my own projects if they're going to be released on schedule.

Edit July 19, 2010: Here is the lab set with sensory equipment. Designed to work with short statue from cave set.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:20:26 by egomassive »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2010, 14:15:50 »
Oh geeze, you definitely get another star for that.  2 stars at the least.

More like wimpy inconsequential parts by headgrinder.

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2010, 14:41:19 »
Man I totally forgot about this - I've been so busy. Sorry for not contributing, you can give it to the next person. Sorry for keeping you waiting needlessly. Perhaps I'll contribute another time when I'm less busy. :/
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2010, 15:04:03 »
What also makes me sad is that some of the ideas in these sets, I developed for the big level I'm working on. Now, parts of my level will be less unique.
Heh. I was planning to make a level with an underground lab/facility where all the scientists were missing and there was blood on the walls and it was supposed to be creepy and such.

Now that is going to be less unique as well. :P
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:17:02 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2010, 16:22:44 »
Man I totally forgot about this - I've been so busy. Sorry for not contributing, you can give it to the next person. Sorry for keeping you waiting needlessly. Perhaps I'll contribute another time when I'm less busy. :/

Too bad, man :(

That means that Evil is up. I'll send him a PM.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2010, 13:39:41 »
More like wimpy inconsequential parts by headgrinder.

There isn't enough room to write all that. We'll have to leave it like it is. :)