Knytt stories Round Robin

• 345 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Knytt stories Round Robin
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 23:49:42 »
Tundra Trek was just a suggestion I made. Nobody disagreed. I guess it can be renamed again later if it doesn't fit the level.

Edit: An early view of the lab set in action. I won't post the tileset yet, as all you could make are empty rooms. I was thinking I'd make the interiors so you exit with a shift-on-touch at a side. It would work really well with the igloo too. I might be adding too much detail. In the future there will be electronics with blue lights, specimen tanks, and office furniture. The tube light (Bank8, Objects 3-5) would work well, but I may make some special glow effect for them if there's room.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 17:52:49 by egomassive »

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 02:20:52 »
I'm about to send my bit in, but I have a couple questions. First, do I need to add a cutscene image? And second, should I PM it to someone, or just post it here in the thread?

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 02:23:26 »
I'm about to send my bit in, but I have a couple questions. First, do I need to add a cutscene image?

No, this rule is removed.

And second, should I PM it to someone, or just post it here in the thread?

You can do as you wish there, but I'd prefer it if you posted it so people can keep up and get their ideas in. :)
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 02:33:05 »
Sure, I'll post it here then. :D

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Nifforum_-_Tundra_Trek.knytt_.bin

Renamed to Tundra Trek and ready for action. The custom music is by Kevin Macleod.

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 02:38:20 »
The link doesn't work for me, would you mind uploading a mirror?

Edit: Works now, odd.. *downloading*

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:45:44 by bulbapuck »

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 03:51:12 »
Can i sign?
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline bulbapuck

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 03:55:51 »
Of course! I added you to the list :D

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 13:30:47 »
@Egomassive: tilesets are looking great man.  I was thinking maybe some cryptic symbols would be nice, something that goes beyond mere scientific notation and into metaphysical ideologies, thus alerting us this lab has more that just science happening.  I might make the symbol myself actually since...

I guess I'm up.  Dang, and during a week I'm stuck in overtime.  I should be fine though, for I have time alone at the house on Thursday.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 17:05:18 »
bulbapuck: FileSmelt has been having some server-related problems recently; it's possible you tried to download it while it was experiencing some technical difficulties.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 17:37:37 »
@Egomassive: tilesets are looking great man.  I was thinking maybe some cryptic symbols would be nice, something that goes beyond mere scientific notation and into metaphysical ideologies, thus alerting us this lab has more that just science happening.  I might make the symbol myself actually since...

I just couldn't resist.

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 01:10:29 »
Hey, if I can simplify it to fit more smoothly with the tileset, that would be fine.  Or does it have a specific meaning already?

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2010, 02:01:14 »
I looked at the url and found "wikipedia" and "yellowsign".  Searching wikipedia for "yellow sign" results in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Sign
o__  o

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2010, 03:45:54 »
You're more than welcome to make your own graphics. I want to add a lot to the lab set and now that you do too, I may have to put the igloo and cabin interiors on their own set. Since you won't start your major work till Thursday, I'll post the lab set tomorrow. I'll designate an area for your symbols.

There's still room on the Cave set. Do you think we should put the symbols there as well? Mystic symbols would go great with the statues and columns. I was going to add a snow covered cabin, but even that wouldn't fill it all.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2010, 03:50:31 »
Ooo... yeah, definitely share the symbols in the ancient and science lab areas.  It is really interesting when science meets ancient mythology.  

The yellow sign was an interesting side line.  I'm a bit of a Lovecraft and Stephen King fan.
 Edit: mainly because they both explore alternate realities and the nature of evil without completely ignoring good.  Lovecraft's short stories especially are interesting.  Oh... hangon...
http://librivox.org/collected-public-domain-works-of-h-p-lovecraft/

This is a collection of audio book readings of all Lovecraft's public domain works, which are mainly short stories.  Really cool stuff because it goes beyond the normal Cathulu stuff and has some positive stories as well.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2010, 04:39:35 »
Hey ego, I made a quick modification to the tundra cave before realizing you had a no edit tag on it.  Basically I'm trying to get an icicle look that works on a 45 degree angle ground tile.  At first I moded the hanging snow, then I started messing with your ice style.  Anyhow, I thought I'd let you know and see what you wanted to do.  :)