Doors and Doors and Doors. Unique Identifier??

• 3 Replies

Offline LB

• I failed the Turing test.
    • View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
Doors and Doors and Doors. Unique Identifier??
« on: June 12, 2010, 06:01:25 »
OK, in the FiNCK Editor it seems oblivious to me on how to give the door I have place it's own name besides default. The description tells me to separate them with Unique Identifiers, but doesn't give a hint how, even though there is plenty of space to do so. How deos this work? I have looked in the default world and I don't understand the difference. There is still one comma, and still information about the door it leads to and not the door it self.

Thanks,
-LB

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Doors and Doors and Doors. Unique Identifier??
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 08:55:40 »
My guess is that the label after the comma (One and Two in Fire Nuclear Crocodile Killer) serves both as an identifier for the door you end up at and the indication of where a door will take you. As I understand it, you could think of the identifier as the link between two doors (although the label itself isn't necessarily unique in a level).

I haven't bought third party level support (at least not yet), so I can't test this myself.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 11:29:59 »
You write what level (whatever you call it) you want to go to before the , and after you can write anything as long as the other door have same text.

level1,icebeaver --> level2,icebeaver

Offline LB

• I failed the Turing test.
    • View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 16:07:33 »
OK. Well, that sure makes it hard to have multiple doors leading to one, then XD

I guess that makes sense and explains why sometimes there were so many doors in a level that you couldn't even go into.

Thanks, guys! I understand it now. :)