[Challenge][Hard] Don't Stop Running!

• 26 Replies
Re: [Challenge][Hard] Don't Stop Running!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 03:57:27 »
Awesome! It syncs up so perfectly, at least as far as I got (which is maybe 20 screens in...).

It's frustrating, but I'm going to keep coming back to it. It's very well made!

I swear, no matter how many times I try it, the whole "fasten your seatbelts." /gives run powerup thing never gets old!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 17:14:40 by conquerer7 »
[achvmnt]VkVSMDEAAAAAgQAAAMEAAIEAAAA[/achvmnt]

Offline JNB

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 12:30:37 »
Gah! This level is very frustrating! Can't see myself completing this.. But it's a cool idea, and well made. I find myself timing my blinking to the flat tunnel screens, hehe

The music seems to me to start just a little too early, doesn't quite sync. (at the start anyway.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 15:30:34 by JNB »

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 12:12:57 »
I totally agree with conquerer7! Although I was only able to get to the yellow part, this is still an excellent level I just  <3 it!! Great job and also you don't have to complete a KS level in one go you can just come back to it another time (like with Dragondragon's Milk Quest) and this level never gets old!

Offline Kyodo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 09:17:13 »
Thanks for the feedback guys!
I really appreciate it! :D
And Lizzaroro:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline hqql

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 23:00:00 »
MEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABUMP

omgthisisthegreatestleveliveseeninmylife!!!

so there was this Knytt named Juni who couldn't stop running and-

*SPOILERS*

Okay, enough with the Bum reviews reference, this level is by far the most entertaining and challenging level I've played so far. Entertaining in that it's just so much FUN to play. Sure, I die a lot. Sure, that's frustrating. But it's almost as if my death count is directly linked to my will to play, I find myself looking forward to coming home just to play this level! I haven't finished it yet, I've made it half way (at least I hope it's half way) into the blue purple black (damn you spikes) area but I definitely will. I wanted to not post untill I was done but I'm taking a short smoking break and I just couldn't keep my enthousiasm to myself.

I also wanted to say the music is so PERFECT I had to mute the sound, I discovered I have a tendency to sync up my play (jumps) to the music which only leads to disaster in the long run. So kudos for the music (and the level sync) but as a tip to all who want to do better at this level: mute the music (after you've heard it of course) and listen to your favourite gaming music, it really helps.

Oh and in hopes of you still reading this Kyodo, do I need the keys to finish this?

Anyway, anybody who likes a REAL challenge without having to make insanely pixelperfect jumps (some are pretty precise but none of them are even Very Hard imo), doesn't like luck-based levels and is REALLY into the pure platforming aspect, should give this a try. As previously stated, the fact it doesn't have savepoints makes this a Hard level (perhaps even a tad harder than an average 'Hard' level), but it's so darn enjoyable, try before cry.

<3 <3 <3
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:11:01 by hqql »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 12:07:29 »
This level is indeed fantastic, probably one of my new favourites. I personally feel it's better than Bit.Trip.Runner, a game built around a similar premise.

I recorded a playthough!

Thanks hqql for necro-ing this thread and making me play this amazing level! You don't really need the keys... at all. Also, I never muted the music myself and managed to do OK.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 13:40:38 »
Thanks for the playthrough, sergio. I always loved rhythm and music based video games (I love Guitar Hero, Bit.Trip Bit, Bit.Trip Runner, Amplitude, stuff like that) so I was very interested in this level. But it is WAY too hard for me. Watching sergio's playtrough I could see that it is very well done, and looks really, really fun to play. Too bad I suck at it :|

Offline Ganoan

• Wondering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 09:58:28 »
Nice level with a interesting concept. But still I really miss savepoints at least after that cubes.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 14:21:24 »
About the sync problem, maybe if you ever make a level like this one (or if you want to change this one) you should try splitting the musing in several parts, coinciding with the times we get to a checkpoint (should be auto), I think it would work pretty well.

Offline RichardJ

• View Profile
    • My Flickr photostream
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 16:56:51 »
I had to cheat my way to the end - I made it through all the screens, just not in one go. Also, I got kind of sick of the music after a while so I had to mute it...
My favourite part is the very start because it looks like a birth canal.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 08:10:35 »
About the sync problem, maybe if you ever make a level like this one (or if you want to change this one) you should try splitting the musing in several parts, coinciding with the times we get to a checkpoint (should be auto), I think it would work pretty well.
I think the music wouldn't restart if you die, though. That's the reason for the annoyingly long tunnel at the start of this level. I suppose it might be possible to use ambiance for the music and have a soundless room that the game autosaves in before shifting you to the room where the next part of the music starts?

Offline hqql

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 16:31:11 »
This level is indeed fantastic, probably one of my new favourites. I personally feel it's better than Bit.Trip.Runner, a game built around a similar premise.

I recorded a playthough!

Thanks hqql for necro-ing this thread and making me play this amazing level! You don't really need the keys... at all. Also, I never muted the music myself and managed to do OK.

No problem!

I just finished the level... FINALLY =D

This was so much fun, I don't even care I was not yet good enough to make it to the end as I started playing this, it was SO enjoyable to do, eventhough I probably died a lot more than I should have, lol.

Anyone know some other KS levels like this one? Not per se with a 'scrolling' feature but just... very platform/jumping based, and still challenging to someone who finds the 'normal' levels too easy.