KS Editor Mod

• 140 Replies

Offline Looki

• View Profile
[CO Fix+Source code] KS Editor Mod
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2010, 21:12:49 »
I can't fix the magenta thing. There's a stupid limitation in MMF that forces you to set a transparent color if there's no alpha channel.
I know the CO display is buggy, I have yet to find out why.

EDIT

http://clickteam.info/looki/Programs/KS%20Editor%20Mod.zip

Fixed the CO bug. The source code also comes with the zip, this way I can access and update it from every computer with internet access, and I don't really care if anyone sees it. It's horrible, though. :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:41:25 by Looki »

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: [CO Fix+Source code] KS Editor Mod
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2010, 21:51:59 »
I can't fix the magenta thing. There's a stupid limitation in MMF that forces you to set a transparent color if there's no alpha channel.
I know the CO display is buggy, I have yet to find out why.

http://clickteam.info/looki/Programs/KS%20Editor%20Mod.zip

Fixed the CO bug. The source code also comes with the MFA, this way I can access and update it from every computer with internet access, and I don't really care if anyone sees it. It's horrible, though. :D
YUS. Thanks.

Edit: Uhh...the game freezes if I try to compress the maps for Outer Reaches or Gaia. :/

Edit: Never mind. X)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 23:45:05 by Pumpkinbot »
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
Re: KS Editor Mod
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2010, 22:48:22 »
Well that sure sucks. Does it freeze or crash? There's a big difference X-P
Just tried Gaia, and it works fine. :huh:

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2010, 23:44:20 »
Well that sure sucks. Does it freeze or crash? There's a big difference X-P
Just tried Gaia, and it works fine. :huh:
Oh, pfargtl. I posted in the wrong topic. That was meant for KSDS. :P

Anyway, I'm still having lots of problems with this, too. First, I can only use the scroll wheel when I'm holding CTRL, to go by tens. :| Second, it seems that the level editor screws up the transparency if I make a new tileset or, mainly, custom object. It'll show up in-game with a magenta background.

Also, what is the difference between crashing and freezing?

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2010, 14:43:56 »
Not sure about the scrolling, my guess is the World.ini editor somehow intercepts the messages sent to the level editor.
I honestly don't know about the transparency thing. I mean, I never save any kind of image.
But well, custom objects don't support magenta transparency anyway, I thought?

A crash is the consequence of an illegal operation, e.g. writing to a protected chunk of data in the RAM.
A freeze is basically just an "infinite" loop that stops the main program loop from being executed (Well, yeah, almost all programs use loops).
Usually they occur because the programmer forgot to set a limit or an exit for the loop.

Thanks.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2010, 05:14:06 »
Not sure about the scrolling, my guess is the World.ini editor somehow intercepts the messages sent to the level editor.
I honestly don't know about the transparency thing. I mean, I never save any kind of image.
But well, custom objects don't support magenta transparency anyway, I thought?
...wat? Are you saying "Don't custom objects support magenta transparency?" or "Custom objects don't support magenta transparency,"?

A crash is the consequence of an illegal operation, e.g. writing to a protected chunk of data in the RAM.
A freeze is basically just an "infinite" loop that stops the main program loop from being executed (Well, yeah, almost all programs use loops).
Usually they occur because the programmer forgot to set a limit or an exit for the loop.
I see. Well, how the heck am I supposed to know when it's which? X-P
On an related note, I have DS Organize for my R4 and it crashed before. (I'm pretty sure it's a crash 'cause the screen turned red.) It had a red screen and it said "Guru Meditation Error" with a bunch of other code stuff on it. :P I lol'd. Guru...lol...

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2010, 17:46:35 »
Well, magenta transparency NEVER worked for me with CO's!
Windows tells you that "the application does not respond anymore" when it freezes.
lol@Guru Meditation Error.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2010, 18:14:07 »
Guru meditation? Heck yes.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Artix

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2010, 17:52:42 »
Here's an idea:

Why not make it so you can type in the number of the tileset you want, so you jump to that tileset instantly? It gets annoying scrolling through 100 tilesets to get to the one you want.

Edit:

See the attachment for an example of what I mean.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 18:02:39 by Artix »

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2010, 20:11:27 »
Not planning to make any updates.
I might make a completely new editor just for the challenge and fun once I have more time for these kind of projects.

Offline Artix

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2010, 20:44:58 »
Not planning to make any updates.
I might make a completely new editor just for the challenge and fun once I have more time for these kind of projects.

Oh, I didn't know you stopped working on this. It's a shame too, this is my favorite editor.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2010, 22:08:14 »
Thanks. :)
I didn't actually stop. I just don't have the time right now really. I might add this feature for you sometime..

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2010, 19:52:14 »
The last version still overwrites changes made by Screen Editor to world.ini. Could you make a quick fix by just removing saving of world.ini? I don't use the built-in editor and I'm sure there are many others that don't need it too.

Offline Artix

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2010, 05:30:57 »
The last version still overwrites changes made by Screen Editor to world.ini. Could you make a quick fix by just removing saving of world.ini? I don't use the built-in editor and I'm sure there are many others that don't need it too.

I use the built-in editor. I find it quite convenient.

Just Ctrl+R in the script editor after using the Screen Editor. Save before opening the Screen Editor though.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2010, 09:31:43 »
I guess I could do that if you want, GrayFace. Going to school now so it'll take some hours till I can respond.