KS Editor Mod

• 140 Replies

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
Re: Slight KS Editor tweak
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 17:54:23 »
Interesting: I found that if I drag the tile select past the bottom, I can get the top of Tileset B... but no more than the top row.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 12:36:55 »
Interesting: I found that if I drag the tile select past the bottom, I can get the top of Tileset B... but no more than the top row.
Umm well done? (u must be bored)

anyway thanks for this editor looki!

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2009, 17:00:06 »
Actually, it wasn't hard to find... I just dragged my mouse cursor a little farther than usual one time and  :whoa: it went past the edge... then, I tried an experiment: the reverse happens in tileset B - A.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 19:22:46 »
Bored2Death, thanks. I don't think fixing that will be tough... I'm not sure if I'm going to release a new version, though. I'm not in the mood right now  :oops:

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 17:57:00 »
Bored2Death, thanks. I don't think fixing that will be tough... I'm not sure if I'm going to release a new version, though. I'm not in the mood right now  :oops:
don't fix it! make it worse (sort-of)! make it so you can select every tile in A AND B at once! (do I see super-huge mega trees that took 3 seconds to make?) X-P
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 18:40:06 »
Well, the height of the KS window is 10 squares. One of these would be taken up by the ground tiles. The other nine are possible with a full selection on one tileset (8) and an extra row on the other (1). So really, super-huge mega trees that take 3 seconds to make are possible right now.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2009, 15:29:28 »
I wouldn't mind it being worse either... it can come in very handy... maybe you could make two versions???

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2009, 05:00:28 »
I love this mod! <3 See? It makes level creation so much easier. :P

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2009, 08:02:35 »
Luvvit Luvvit Luvvit... :heart:
Only thing i can suggest is to reduce it's pre-load cache or what ever it is, 'cuz it's REALLLLLLLY laggy for me (im running it of a USB drive)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2009, 12:05:00 »
Hey, thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean with preload cache - I don't preload anything.
At least not anything that is not preloaded in the normal editor either.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2009, 12:37:31 »
Maybe he means the loading of each screen. In that case, preloading all the screens you might reach from the current one (including those accessible via Shifts) could help, but I don't know whether the latest KS version already does that or not.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2009, 22:08:44 »
Maybe he means the loading of each screen. In that case, preloading all the screens you might reach from the current one (including those accessible via Shifts) could help, but I don't know whether the latest KS version already does that or not.

i don't think so, because on slow computers it takes a second or so between screens and for shifts. warps not quite so long, but still a bit slow.
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2009, 00:22:53 »
It's not the screen transition that's laggy, It's the entire program. when im running the normal editor, if i was to click and drag a line of tiles relatively fast, it might mis one or two, but om this version, it misses every second/third one... saving at one point took 3 1/2 minutes - for my Level FEAR
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2009, 23:12:15 »
Um, I don't know, that's not supposed to happen, and I can't think of any reason why it would. It doesn't make any sense. I don't perform any additional code while drawing tiles or so.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2009, 03:59:45 »
I thought it was kinda weird. It's like the entire program slows down. I was looking really closely, and the flashing orange square you use to place tiles flashes REALLY slowly, about once every 3/4 seconds or so.