KS Editor Mod

• 140 Replies

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
Re: KS Editor Mod
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2009, 01:42:18 »
I swear that if this gets any better, I'll HAVE to add you to my HALL OV FAME!!! (as yet no-one has made it there...not even Bungie!)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2009, 19:25:05 »
 Through testing and extensive irritation, I have discovered that all cutscene music is always turned back to number fifteen in the World.ini when you save in the editor.

This doesn't happen in the normal level editor.

Just a heads up. Not sure why it would decide to only screw with cutscene music designation numbers, but it's really killing me to work around.

EDIT: Nevermind... It's not doing it anymore. Go figure.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:46:32 by JerkDouglas »
http://jerkdouglas.deviantart.com
 Hit the gallery and you'll find the concept directory for my game.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2009, 14:26:15 »
Oh snap. Can you assure me there's absolutely no possibility that it's your fault? :/

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2009, 07:53:07 »
This has come quite an amazingly long way Looki! This and KSLC are going to help turn that coal I call BSoaKFF into diamond about 20,000 years quicker. XD

If you don't mind me pointing out though... your CO visuals don't read the Offset values and accommodate them properly. I have quite a few CO's that heavily rely on the offset property, and I almost freaked out the first time I open a screen that used several offset Co's... It looked mangled.

It's just one of the few things you could do to make this editor ten times better. ;-)

Also, if you open the script, and then proceed to click "Expand Map" the script doesn't disappear like it the tilesets would. It stays open... and functional.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:58:50 by JC Grim the 'crete reaper »
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2009, 17:34:00 »
I think I've found a bug: Whenever I move into another room, I have to click twice on the "Script" button before I can do anything involving any keyboard buttons in the main window (e.g. undo, flood fill, etc.) If I don't, it tends to insert a bunch of letters; e.g. w, a, s, and d when I switch tiles with the keyboard shortcut.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
Re: KS Editor Mod (CO Fix)
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2009, 03:32:27 »
Pleased to hear that, JCGt'cr.  :P
Thanks for the bugs (or not)! I'll probably fix these within the next hours. :)

EDIT:

All right, I added support for Offset X and OffsetY, plus Init AnimFrom.
I remember somebody complaiming that his CO's wouldn't show because his first frame was empty or something.
I also fixed a bug with the display CO option... it wouldn't load properly.
By the way, you might get a "Tileset contains an empty tile" message for no reason, I got it once... really don't know how or why.

http://clickteam.info/looki/Programs/KS%20Editor%20Mod.zip
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:34:26 by Looki »

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
Re: KS Editor Mod (CO Fix)
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2009, 05:36:12 »
Pleased to hear that, JCGt'cr.  :P
Thanks for the bugs (or not)! I'll probably fix these within the next hours. :)

EDIT:

All right, I added support for Offset X and OffsetY, plus Init AnimFrom.
I remember somebody complaiming that his CO's wouldn't show because his first frame was empty or something.
I also fixed a bug with the display CO option... it wouldn't load properly.
By the way, you might get a "Tileset contains an empty tile" message for no reason, I got it once... really don't know how or why.

http://clickteam.info/looki/Programs/KS%20Editor%20Mod.zip

Thank you, kind sir. It's muchly appreciated.  :^^:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2009, 06:19:02 »
I'm having the trouble scrolling through the banks/objects still, after Technogeek mentioned it...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2009, 17:03:47 »
Trying to fix that. Don't expect a release too soon.
JerkDouglas, I think I'll be able to fix the cutscene bug, too. I think I'm mixing up KS Editor config and World.ini config files. :oops:

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2009, 22:50:51 »
You know what feature I'd love to see in this?  Rectangular selection of tiles in a screen.  This would fit well into the current interface given how the Ctrl key already lets you drag a rectangle.  If the selection rectangle is larger than 1x1 when Ctrl+C is pressed, Ctrl+C would copy the selection (otherwise it would copy the room as usual).

Then Ctrl+V would paste the copied region where the cursor is.

I know that in order for you do implement this, you would have to introduce a whole new type of clipboard data, but still, it would be a great feature to have.  It's a great help for when you realize you put stuff in the wrong layer, or if you want a fast way to copy recent changes in a room over to a look-alike Shift double without disturbing the things that are supposed to be different.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2009, 23:40:14 »
Yes, you're right, I actually planned that but never implemented it. I also have to sort out sone bugs. Haven't done that yet. :oops:

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2009, 01:56:01 »
Some more things I have to say about this:

A bit of confusion:
When the Script editor is open, pressing Ctrl+E does not open World.ini, but it does appear to do something, as evidenced by how the "unsaved changes" flag is activated (the blue double bar turns yellow and Test Level tells you to save first).  So what does it do?

A suggestion:
[Main Menu Strip]:Go to:Coordinates
Enter in the desired room coordinates, and BAM! you're there.
This is something I've always wanted.  Partly because I wasn't aware until today that the +10 effect of holding Shift applied to the Arrow keys as well. :oops:
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2009, 12:38:25 »
I'll be able to work on it on Friday I think.
I will add "go to coordinate" and have a look at the ctrl+e thing.

Offline Looki

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2009, 14:32:28 »
Exp HP, I added the Go To Coordinate function, shortcut is Tab.
I also removed tab, ctrl+e and ctrl+f from the script editor, they will work properly now.

Bored2death, I don't know what you mean by trouble scrolling through the banks, I'm not having any.

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2009, 20:53:00 »
Tab (coordinate jump) conflicts with crosshair (layer +) shortcut...possibly Ctrl+G (like notepad's goto line function), which does nothing.

Clicking on a level group still doesn't work...can't think why, unless disabling all of the keys in the script editor is screwing it up...however, changing screens does move around in the script, which is also pretty useful

a bit of weirdness...when you press tab with the script editor open, then press escape, the coordinates box and the script editor both close.

i can't believe how far this editor has come along, thank you so much Looki.
* TechnoGeek awards a star :hiddenstar: to Looki
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)