[DEMO] Back to the basics (Sneak peek)

• 6 Replies

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
[DEMO] Back to the basics (Sneak peek)
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:20:34 »
While I may be working on a Doom mod, i'll still be working on Knytt stories levels.

'Back to the basics' is going to be an epic crossover of classic games, from NES, Sega and even MS-DOS. This is a sneak peek Demo of my level. It contains:

Captain Comic
Castlevania
Commander Keen: Mooned on Mars
Cosmo's cosmic adventure
Dark ages
Megaman II
Pitfall
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario land
Zelda 2: Adventure of Link

Download is here

Enjoy!
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here
My Youtube *Contains NSFW*

Offline BioShock

• Yes, I do like Bioshock
    • View Profile
Re: [DEMO] Back to the basics (Sneak peek)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 06:09:37 »
WHOA this brings back memories! This is EPIC i cant wait for the full version!  :whoa:

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:21:22 »
riping such graphics into ks doesn't work without it looking like shit.

Thats what happens when a stupid 24 X 24 size is used instead of a 16 X 16 size.
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 16:02:51 »
riping such graphics into ks doesn't work without it looking like shit.

Thats what happens when a stupid 24 X 24 size is used instead of a 16 X 16 size.

16 x 3 = 24 x 2

So, a 3 x 3 block of 16 x 16 tiles can just be fitted into a 2 x 2 block of 24 x 24 tiles, no resizing is needed.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 22:57:23 »
It seems that very shortly (and I mean directly after) after I downloaded this level my computer came under a very severe virus attack, and it didn't seem to have anything wrong with it before that. I'm not 100% definite it had something to with this file or if its even possible it had to do with this file (I'm not very computer tech savy), but you might want to check just to make sure that theres nothing wrong with your uploaded file and/or the site you put it on. I'm not angry or anything, I just thought I should let you know in case there is something wrong.

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 04:25:48 »
Well I scanned it, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.