Need help. I have 23 coins.

• 7 Replies

Offline Sam

• View Profile
Need help. I have 23 coins.
« on: June 04, 2010, 14:48:13 »
I need one more coin in Area 2. I've gotten this far without any help at all and I am really happy about that. It is so rewarding.

But now I have no choice.

I have mapped out Area 2 completely and I know where every door goes. The shortcut to Area 4 seems to have no benefit. I have a theory that I have to get to the coin through Area 4, because that area only has 3 coins to collect, while the other areas have 4, and that this 24th coin I have to get is technically in Area 2 and that is why there are 5 to collect in Area 2.

Does it have anything to do with this level which has a locked door but no key?
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Using the shortcut to Area 4 from Area 2 didn't even give me a coin! It just sends me to that infuriating, pointless room! The walls are just not high enough to jump over, and the high ground doesn't seem to have any benefit!

I don't want to know the answer, I just want to know if I am on the right track. I just need a hint! Please help!

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Need help. I have 23 coins.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 15:15:12 »
Actually, you're not on the right track with that door or the shortcuts. The coin is someplace else.

Offline Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 15:20:52 »
Thanks. That's actually really comforting. I was getting sick of that place. I must have missed something elsewhere.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 22:48:35 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 12:18:48 »
No, I had that one. It turns out it was just another door in Area 2 I thought I had been in but hadn't. So many doors! It's hard to keep track.

Thanks for the help!

<3

Now, time to start Saira!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 12:25:02 »
And get the 26th coin... ;)

Offline Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 12:35:05 »
Yeah. I thought because I had 25 coins I could safely read the forums without any spoilers. Instead, I accidentally found out where the 26th coin is.

I wish I had read your comment first so I had known that a 26th coin existed so I could find it myself. It would have probably driven me mad, though. :P

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 14:31:03 »
I see that coin more as an easter egg, though, since it is not counted on the total and it is a very ungrateful one to get. I sort of consider the game beaten at 25. xD