Why do you have to buy it for custom levels?

• 5 Replies

Offline TheYeIIowDucK

• The number you have dialed is no longer in service
    • View Profile
Why do you have to buy it for custom levels?
« on: May 25, 2010, 21:02:53 »
Paying money makes me sad  :sad:
And this game is fun but not as environmental and good looking like the good o'-fashion Knytt. Srsly, why should i buy it?

Re: Why do you have to buy it for custom levels?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 21:26:02 »
If you like the game and/or want to support Nifflas, buy it. If not, don't. There are no magic words that could be said to make you want to buy it (a fact that advertisers haven't yet realised), so if you don't think it's worth $4, don't pay. :)

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 22:04:47 »
Srsly, why should i buy it?
Well, that is a good question! :D
First, we need to evaluate how much you are willing to spend to support Nifflas game making, and how much you feel that the feature of user created content will be worth to you.
Then we need to compare the result of that evaluation of the actual prize of the feature in question.
If the amount of money that you are willing to spend exceeds the prize, then you will have made a good investment that will in turn increase your enjoyment of the game.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 22:22:23 »
Nifflas can't earn a living making only freeware games...

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:18:36 »
...this game is fun but not as environmental and good looking like the good o'-fashion Knytt. Srsly, why should i buy it?
If you want the game to look different, why not pay the $4 for custom level capability and make your own level that looks exactly the way you want?  The simple graphics in the main game are a deliberate design choice by Nifflas, but there's no reason you couldn't make a level with graphics that look more like Knytt or Knytt Stories.  If you think the game if fun but you want it to look different, that sounds like a perfect reason to make your own custom content. 

Also, how do you know if the third-party levels that already exist look good or not until you pay the $4 so you can try them?

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 01:26:38 »
Dude, it's $4... FOUR DOLLARS... I spent more on coffee today :P2
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island