Spoiler! Game tactics

• 6 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Spoiler! Game tactics
« on: May 22, 2010, 14:10:01 »
Since this game consists of some back-tracking (levels end with multiple doors sometimes, one easy and one hard to reach) I wonder how you manage to do this.

What systems do you use to do this?

How do you keep track of what doors you've taken? Have you for instance always done the hard door, or perhaps always done the easiest door?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Re: Spoiler! Game tactics
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 18:38:37 »
I already know where all the coins are. :P
The only place where you can't get all the coins on the first time is area 1. I generally take the hard route first, on level 2 and then go back there. In the end, all that remains to do is go to the tutorial and explore the warp area. Fairly linear, from then on. (I have not played the pre-release build, but I assume it's like the last restricted one).
Keep in mind, though, that you and the other betatesters have already beaten this game countless times, but that's not likely to be the case for the other folks.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 18:53:32 »
I'm with PONTO. Often times the harder to get to door will loop back to exactly the same place as the easier door, only there will be a coin somewhere along the way. At least such is the case with area 2.
Seldom is it the case where a coin can only be got via the easier route.
Edit: nvm. I see what you mean now.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 19:39:29 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 22:21:35 »
The only place where taking the easy route first earns you all the coins, but the hard one doesn't is in area 3.

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 21:02:05 »
The only place where taking the easy route first earns you all the coins, but the hard one doesn't is in area 3.

Wait, you mean I've been trying for the past 30 minutes to get to that one hard door (the one with the bomb and the bird) for nothing?... <_<
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 22:14:09 »
No. What happens is that if at first you take the easy path, you'll end up on that same screen again, and then you can take the hard one, thus finding all the coins in the area. But I think the choice between hard and easy is not on that particular level you mention.

Offline scwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 07:49:19 »
Beat game, unlock warp zone.
Warp to level, collect coins. Repeat until done.