() Ruining knytt stories file alltogether.. anyone else get this?

• 6 Replies

Offline Sr3889

• Should you want my furaffinity page, it's sr38890x
    • View Profile
Right, so..

Eh.. Probably isn't the right place..

BUT Anyways, in my computer's OLD Knytt stories file, every 5 hours or so, a level called () Pops up. Normally, it'd just be odd. Only, if I go into the editor, whatever level I select, is cleared of memory, and then the editor won't open again (Get the "Error: Directory exists" Message) Unless I delete the () Level.

And it keeps coming back, it will NOT go away forever.

Anybody else get that bug?

() means that where author and level name would normally be filled in, like Level name (Author) were left blank, leaving just the parenthesis behind.
Lurk more.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Don't delete it from the game, delete the folder itself in the Worlds directory.  It normally represents an invalid level, which if memory serves can even be just an empty directory, which if memory serves the game can't delete properly.

But every five hours or so?  The editor screwing up?  Bizarre.  What operating system are you using?

Offline Sr3889

• Should you want my furaffinity page, it's sr38890x
    • View Profile
Don't delete it from the game, delete the folder itself in the Worlds directory.  It normally represents an invalid level, which if memory serves can even be just an empty directory, which if memory serves the game can't delete properly.

But every five hours or so?  The editor screwing up?  Bizarre.  What operating system are you using?

Vista home basic.

Sucks, I know.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
I have heard of Vista doing funny stuff like that with its folders.  No idea how to fix it, though; sorry.

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
I remember having this problem as well. I think it's actually caused by a missing/corrupted World.ini file or one that is missing the title and author.
...which if memory serves can even be just an empty directory, which if memory serves the game can't delete properly.
minmay is right; as this would cause a missing World.ini file.
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Sr3889, is your Knytt Stories folder in Program Files?  If so, move it somewhere else, like the desktop.