Custom Objects

• 2 Replies
Custom Objects
« on: May 21, 2010, 18:05:18 »
Does anybody know how to make custom objects actually harm Juni? I have been going through the internet for about a week now and still haven't found anything of use. I already know how to make the basic coding that makes the sprites move, but i want to try and make some enemies to use....

Help Any1?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Custom Objects
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 18:26:52 »
With normal Knytt Stories, its not possible to do this. You can have an animation and a kill block on top of it, but if the animation actually moves, its impossible.

I believe the KSA mod of Knytt Stories does have certain support of this, but I'm not sure.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: Custom Objects
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 18:43:54 »
You can approximate that effect using invisible damaging area objects (just as LPChip explained) or hiding trap objects in a lower layer (e.g, putting a CO enemy sprite on layer 6, a fake CO background at layer 5 and a proximity bomb on layer 4). The problem is that the "damaging area" will be static and won't move with the animated custom object. If you want to do this properly, you'll have to design your level for a modified version of KS that has this feature. I think Purple Pineapple's mod (KS ACO) supports "deadly" COs, but I don't know how it works.
Some KS levels by me: