• View Profile
Re: speculation topic
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 18:02:05 »

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 18:18:14 »
And would that certain 8-bit game happen to be Doki Doki Panic (or Super Mario Bros. 2 as known in the West)?
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 18:29:14 »
Yes. Since I will sell the game I don't think I'm legally permitted to point out which games I'm taking inspiration from at an "official" place such as my website. If I've understood it right I'm allowed to say it in interviews, lectures and that sort of stuff, but I shouldn't refer to it in a fact sheet like a description of the game at my website.

I'll have to look into it though. Oh, and let's not forget I'm also taking inspiration from Lyle in Cube Sector.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 18:30:49 by Nifflas »

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 01:11:18 »
FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK FiNCK this is fun :P
Lurk more.

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 00:25:33 »
Oh, and let's not forget I'm also taking inspiration from Lyle in Cube Sector.
Heh, I was actually just about to ask that.

I've never actually completed Cube Sector, but people seem to love it; Maybe I should do that one of these days. :)
knytt stories levels:
the forever rain

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 00:56:53 »
Pay attention, people.
In this game, beta testing will work a bit differently from how it normally works. To explain the game itself, it's a platform game very inspired by Super Mario Bros 2 and Lyle in Cube Sector. You can apply for beta testing this game, and if you're accepted you get a copy for free.
Lurk more.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 15:08:06 »
Lyle in Cube Sector is cool, but it has a couple of very bad game design decisions, in my opinion, which prevented me from ever beating it. In particular, I'm talking about not respawning with full health and the way too long way you have to go before you can try the final boss. Everytime.
Also, it did not explore the its full potential in terms of puzzles.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2010, 16:20:35 »
^ I've usually found enough health on the way to the final boss, it was the boss that killed me many times instead X)

Lyle in Cube Sector does have problems (I'd add the corridor with simply swarms of enemies to the list), and it could have been more, but I understand it was made in a very short time. They should have made an editor, even as a hack or something, but I guess the game doesn't have enough following for that, does it?

FiNCK looks like it will have none of those issues anyway, at least as far as I can tell.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 22:18:58 »
The difficulty and the "restarting from the beginning" is actually two aspects I loved about Lyle despite that I normally don't like that in games. The same thing really worked well in Spelunky too.

However, this game will be more "typical Nifflas game" in the way that you get to save very often and don't have lives.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 20:12:09 »
But starting without your health upgrades empty was too much. :P

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 21:26:21 »
^ But it was still way better than Metroid, where you restarted with 30 HP, no matter how many energy tanks you had collected (up to 900 HP I think). THAT was too much!

On topic: is it just me, or does the protagonist look like the purple WaDF ball with Juni's hair and... I don't know what kind of body?
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 22:51:31 »
I don't find the face similar to the purple ball from WaDF. This protagonist seems to me to have a very sad espression.

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 08:06:37 »
I completely missed the beta testing, and I can't wait to play this game.

I hope there's a multiplayer option. Just imagine the chaos with four or so players on screen, tossing each other around and solving puzzles together.

I'd also like some bouncy bombs. (Bombs that bounce a little off the ground)

Like so:

And have them wiggle and break loose after a while, so the player who picks up the last stack isn't bullying them.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 08:29:53 by CheezyWEAPON »