Pre-release offer: Apply and get a free serial

• 20 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Pre-release offer: Apply and get a free serial
« on: May 17, 2010, 19:44:33 »
If you're interested in designing levels for FiNCK you can actually get a free serial code. I do this so to encourage more levels to be created. Because it is the custom level support that can be purchased, things goes in circles: people will get the feature if there are good custom levels for the game, and custom levels will be created only by people who have access to this feature.

Here's how it works: Link to a Knytt Stories, The Mushroom Engine, or Saira level you have created. I'll then PM you a serial. I'll limit this offer to the first 30 people who post and you must have been a member of the forum since before I posted this! Also, remember that custom level support is only $4, which is not much at all, so please apply only if you at least consider creating a level.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 16:20:48 by Nifflas »

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-release offer: Apply and get a free serial
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 19:49:34 »
Awesome C)p

I'm linking to the level thread, I assume that's ok?

http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=3124.0
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 19:53:09 »
Of course!

Note that I might not send serials right away. I'll probably wait until there are a bunch of people on the application list so I can give as many as I can in one go.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 19:54:19 »
Green LiNes (KS Level)

Level 5 (KS Level)

I have several other KS levels, a Saira level in progress and many many many unfinished KS levels. (I also started a Mushroom Engine level once). I would really like to make a FiNCK level or so, given the opportunity, but it ultimately depends on if I have time.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 02:10:28 »
Well, I couldn't beta test the other thingamabob, but at least now I got a level made. *hopes to be accepted.

Edit: Thingamabob didn't get picked up by firefox's spellcheck, but firefox and spellcheck did. :P

Edit: 2  If that level is rejected, plz tell me soon so I can release the beta of another level which IMO is better.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 02:12:57 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Harumbai

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:10:47 »
Do 4 screens of a Knytt stories level count as something?... Oh well I'll link to my worse old levels 'cos there are more screens in them...

Ok now I have checked my old levels are indeed rubbish compared to my new level, but my new level has 4 screens (one unfinished) and a piece of music I wrote especially for it...

So... A link to my first level which shows more skill in design (It is a bit of a a mess though):
http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Harumbai%20-%20Rising%20Stones%201.1.knytt.bin

And a link to my new level which shows more creativity and perfectionism...:
http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Harumbai%20-%20MoonShadow.knytt.bin

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 06:14:48 »
I'd looooove to make some levels. X)

I started this Knytt Stories level a long time ago, but couldn't finish it due to life, etc.
It's incomplete, but fully playable up to a certain part (you'll know where it is). It's got.. 20ish screens I think? I'd like to use some of the ideas in the new game, especially that glitchy visuals-on-purpose part.

Here is the level hosted on my own site:
http://purgatorium.pensandtales.com/glumco/Cheezy%20WEAPON%20-%20Creation.knytt.bin

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 17:15:04 »
Note to self: Sending serials to everyone above this post now

Offline FlyingPigBoy

• Lord of the Swine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 00:42:28 »

Spoiler: Thanks Saml! (click to show/hide)
My stars:
(embarrassingly empty)

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 02:00:14 »
This is my level
http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=1965.0
So you know, This level focuses on difficulty

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 02:48:49 »
Egh. I hate being underage. Four bucks is peanuts, but I don't have an elephant. Or whatever. I suppose I'll work on saving, I think I have about 2 bucks in small change...
*is pathetic*

EDIT: This isn't made to be as whiny as it sounds. I'm griping at the fact that I have absolutely no income, not that there's a charge for it. I would gladly pay monthly fees out of my own pocket (hypothetically, I don't have monthly fees in my pocket) for Knytt and anything like it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:55:15 by Neotrice »

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 03:38:17 »
A disturbing insight into my psyche: at first I saw this and was all "nah, I'm paying for it" but then I saw I couldn't pay for it for a week and then I'm like "oh, I guess I'll apply for this and make a donation or something because I'm so impatient."  I'll certainly make some levels provided everything works under Wine (it appears to so far, but I haven't tested a whole lot).

Oh, right, levels.  Here's everything I've released, by which I mean one tiny and crappy level, one medium-sized and crappy level, and one level that would have been quite good had it been, err, finished.
FiNCK looks much easier to finish levels for, though, and the idea that I'd be spitting on Nifflas if I didn't make some will hopefully be a good motivator.

edit: they're not compressed to bin because that stuff is a pain in the arse to do in Linux

other edit: I can't seem to get the editor to create or load a level in Wine.  I should probably not be given a serial until I get it to work.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 16:27:44 by minmay »

Offline Aptequar

• Energy is Eternal Delight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 03:41:55 »
Nifflas,

I don't have any levels up at the moment but you can see from the screenshot in this thread that I understand and work to similar concepts for my artwork. I would gladly work on levels for FiNCK - it's another stunning game in your body of work. :3
Troi'r wythnos yn flwyddyn, troi'r flwyddyn yn dair.
love, light and hope The People We Never Met
and it's equilibrium The Elevator Beneath The Valve

Offline willomo

• Tophats and gravy.
    • View Profile
    • The Monoverse
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 12:31:16 »
Hey cool! I saw this on the same night I uploaded my first Knytt stories level!
http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=3364.0

Man, this is gonna be good!
(FiNCK that is)
The elephant is a graceful bird,
It flies from bough to bough.
It nestles in the rhubarb tree,
and Whistles like a cow.

I'm back baby.

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 14:27:03 »
I doŽnt know, that this is good, but it is my first. If it is not good, i can post another.

http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Green%20Cookie%20-%20Short%20Blue.knytt.bin

I think, that FiNCK is very good, and I like it.
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)