Download pre-release version 1 here

• 50 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Download pre-release version 1 here
« on: May 17, 2010, 17:09:53 »
Due to me changing a lot about how I work with Kreator and with game development, FiNCK will now be "free, kind of" which means that the main FiNCK world is free and only custom level support is an add-on that can be purchased. This is to maximize how much the game will spread since I'm no longer going to spend time and resources marketing what I do.

If you have developed a third party level for the beta testing competition, there's a separate thread in the beta testing area where I explain this more in detail, in case you don't want your level in the third party pack due to this change.

Anyway, before FiNCK is released in one week, I'm going to have an open testing phase. Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby present:

FiNCK as an installer
FiNCK as a portable build
...and The FiNCK level editor (you'll need the custom level support to be activated to test your levels though).

Feel free to try the game, but please don't tell every website about it quite yet. This is not the 1.0 version. The official release is in one week, and that's the version I want to give most attention to!

Edit by LPChip: Emphrased the last part. Its easy to miss in a swing of enthusiasm. C)

Edit by Nifflas: Thank you!

Edit by LPChip: You're welcome. :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 16:16:49 by Nifflas »

Re: Download pre-release version 1 here
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 02:19:44 »
Edit by LPChip: Emphrased the last part. Its easy to miss in a swing of enthusiasm. C)

I second this. :P Also, do FiNCK levels have a place to be released, or is a spot going to open on the forum when the game is released? Or do we have to wait until KnyttLevels is done? Or will LPChip kill me for even mentioning that? Or will he kill me for assuming he would kill me for mentioning that? Or...

Blargh. I should be talking about the actual game.
Lurk more.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 02:28:13 »
There won't be a level database right away, but I'd appreciate if there could be a level section at the forums until a level database is up.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 03:32:02 »
Spoiler: Mega Spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:51:23 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 21:27:23 »
Hm, odd. How much will it be for custom level support?

Seeing the great things people made for Knytt Stories guarantees a purchase from me. I just hope others see it that way too.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 22:19:36 »
Probably around $4 or so.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 02:42:19 »
The physics when pushing against explodable bricks seem... bouncy. Generally brick walls don't knock people into pits.

Offline LB

• I failed the Turing test.
    • View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 02:56:09 »
Nifflas, any tips for the bomb-dropping killer boss dude? I have tried over a hundred times (somone in my familay was bored so they watched me play and counted it) and I cannot do it! I got sooo close one time but then got blown up when I was in mid jump, nowhere near anything! I was just sitting there and I blew up. No, I didn't hit space bar.

Anyway, any tips? I have been stacking blocks at the far right but every time I am about to get the last block I need I die.

Also, in the tutorial, I managed to get all the way up-right and I sawe another area. No matter how I stacked the blocks I couldn't get over the top of the screen. What is that area over there?

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 03:01:45 »
Spoiler: Boss (click to show/hide)

I didn't find it all that hard, so I'm afraid I can't give you many pointers.
Lurk more.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 09:35:09 »
Spoiler: Boss (click to show/hide)

I didn't find it all that hard, so I'm afraid I can't give you many pointers.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 10:33:28 »
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline DoomGoon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 10:35:29 »
Has anyone else gotten all 25 coins yet or am I one of the first?  Nifflas days are special and I tend to tear through the game as quick as I can... I was the first to find some of the weirder stuff in Saira, but besides the paths you take to get all the coins, haven't noticed any easter eggs.... yet.  I'd feel really dumb making a 100% guide or secrets post before the game is even officially out.   :oops:

Once again though, wonderful game!  The physics for the blocks did feel like they needed to be polished up a tiny bit... and this game was even shorter (and had much more backtracking to 100%) than Saira.  I know that it's a puzzle game but I would have loved to see some more action-oriented enemies and maybe a life system ala SMB2 for when the community makes their own levels.  However, I'm looking forward to screwing around with the game to see what I can do.  Thanks again for an awesome release.  :D

Offline DoomGoon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 10:51:37 »
Asking for help

If I remember correctly, you don't actually get any of the coins going straight through the tutorial.  The one you are missing is from a door in:
Spoiler: this place (click to show/hide)

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 12:29:08 »
Thanks a lot for the quick reply C)

EDIT:
I was the first to find some of the weirder stuff in Saira, but besides the paths you take to get all the coins, haven't noticed any easter eggs....

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:52:12 by AA »
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 02:42:39 »
Has anyone else gotten all 25 coins yet or am I one of the first?
Edit: 24

Edit: 2  Wow. Just wow.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:17:10 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.