Secret project (closed)

• 54 Replies

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
Re: Secret project
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 01:46:55 »
I'm interested in this, but I haven't made a level or tileset in a long time. All of my levels feature at least one (usually more) of my own tilesets, and of course my own level design. I also may be mistaken but I think all of my levels feature only my own gradients, but again, there may be a default one in there somewhere.

Regardless, I'm interested, but I would need to know exactly how much commitment would be required. I also don't know how well my art would blend with what is wanted, since I can only do a few styles well, and everything else just looks messy.

So basically, I can do anything on the list, to a degree. Just know that I'd have to know a bit more before actually committing to anything.

EDIT: As an additional note, I consider myself better at tilesets/leveldesign/gradients than my released levels dictate, but they are still the only complete examples I have.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:48:37 by BloxMaster »

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 03:40:19 »
I'm interested in this, but I haven't made a level or tileset in a long time. All of my levels feature at least one (usually more) of my own tilesets, and of course my own level design. I also may be mistaken but I think all of my levels feature only my own gradients, but again, there may be a default one in there somewhere.
I've hired people who haven't made a single tileset.[citation needed] I don't think quality will be an overly huge problem.

Regardless, I'm interested, but I would need to know exactly how much commitment would be required. I also don't know how well my art would blend with what is wanted, since I can only do a few styles well, and everything else just looks messy.
This is getting a bit spoilery. I'll PM you.
Lurk more.

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 21:06:57 »
So, about how much experience would you like us all to have? Because as many of you may know I'm not as experienced a member as say egomassive, but I don't know just how good you want all these things. PP you've seen my tilesets right? :P
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 01:35:20 »
I'm not all that experienced. I've only released 2 levels, 1 of which is still in beta, and a tech demo. Pumpkin, if you look at what he told BloxMaster you'll see that Purple P. isn't overly concerned with your skill level. I'm sure he's seen your work, and he knows what to expect.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 01:55:06 »
PP you've seen my tilesets right? :P
No. I just posted six times on your Atlantis tileset for fun. :P
Lurk more.

Offline grimwit

• I'm imagining a non-hypethetical world.
    • View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 14:17:30 »
Alright, sign me up for making Gradients and Tilesets.  9_9  Tilesets should be an interesting challenge.
Forever working on a Level called Sarah.

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 01:16:33 »
@grimwit: I PM'd you. Awaiting confirmation and then we can begin.
Lurk more.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 11:39:36 »
So we make tilesets... and gradients... and levels... and it's not a collaborative level?
It's a... secret?
This sounds very interesting. Even though it could be anything. But you are like, cool so it will probably be something fun.
Sign me up for level creation! I can make pretty good gameplay (please don't even think of TMPL, it was my first level), and now when we have others do custom graphics...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline grimwit

• I'm imagining a non-hypethetical world.
    • View Profile
    • Natch Evil Comic
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 15:35:41 »
Wow, there's alot of secret in here.  I got a PM, but I'm still not sure if I'm in or what I'm doing or where I am or who the presedent is.

<_<  Crap, who IS the president?  Did McCain win?

Well, that's not here or there.

O_o Direction, Purple!  I crave it!
Forever working on a Level called Sarah.

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 19:48:44 »
No, Obama won. And PP, lol forot about that... derp
-The Meat Puppets

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 00:00:00 »
I would like to become a level creator  :) . I have to recognize that I failed at making a Saira level  :oops: , but it was because I was unable to create the graphical feeling I wanted to convey. However, if tiles are already provided, I may be able to make something interesting  :). Can you PM me with the details?

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 01:45:36 »
Urm... I think I'm gonna sign up as a level and/or tile set creator! I've tried my hand at both but I tend to lack initiative :moody: This seems like the kind of motivation I need. Hope I can help out!

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 01:50:28 »
Awesome! Limelemon, rrc2soft, and BackwardsO are in on level design. We've also got 5 tilesetters. I'll PM all you guys with the full project details in a sec.
Lurk more.

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2010, 07:13:55 »
Shveet! De phife taielsettirs are ahscemballed!
And... yeeaaahhh... exciting stuff!
-The Meat Puppets

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 09:49:24 »
I can make some gradients, and try to make some small level, but I don't know, if I will have time :S.