(Request) Zelda tileset

• 14 Replies

Offline BioShock

• Yes, I do like Bioshock
    • View Profile
(Request) Zelda tileset
« on: May 11, 2010, 05:18:32 »
Okay, i almost finished my bioshock level, but i lost my interest, and i just beat LoZ Windwaker (again)
and i was inspired to make a LoZ KS level! i made some C/o's but i am lacking some tilesets..
If anyone could find me some, of help me make one i would appriciate it :)..
Thanks!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: (Request) Zelda tileset
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 18:04:06 »
Why not rip the graphics and put it to a tileset. The outcome would be fun.

Because that is illegal?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 20:51:30 »
FAIL.
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 22:02:21 »
no you
o__  o

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 22:24:00 »
Actually, I would like a level inspired by the Legend of Zelda. I imagine such an endeavor would come up with a lot of good dungeon and ruins tilesets.

Why not rip the graphics and put it to a tileset. The outcome would be fun.
While others brought up the legal issues of this, my main concern is that it would be a pain to convert Zelda's top-down sprites to a (usable) sideview tileset.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 22:27:40 by Healy »

Offline BioShock

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:24:48 »
Actually, I would like a level inspired by the Legend of Zelda. I imagine such an endeavor would come up with a lot of good dungeon and ruins tilesets.

Well, i would make my own Knytt Stories, reffering to zelda, like looking to save Zelda, and getting heartpeices (upgrades) and looking for the Triforce! *shines*

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 03:38:59 »
Actually, I'm more interested in the tilesets that would result from such a venture. Don't get me wrong, your level sounds nice, but I'm always looking for more tilesets.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 10:18:08 »
Actually, I'm more interested in the tilesets that would result from such a venture.

And what a bummer it would be if the tilesets turned out to be not for public use.  X)

BioShock, I'm looking forward to play your Zelda level! I too am a big fan of Zelda games and find their graphics inspirational, as you probably know already...  ;)

I'd like to help more with this, and a few years ago I could do so without a second thought, but as a married guy with many jobs, I can't really do that anymore - unless you can convince my employers to let me off for a short paid leave...  :P

On the bright side, making your own graphics gives an experience and satisfaction that co-op development cannot substitute for. So, good luck! ^_^

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 20:23:01 »
Meh. I think it would be a lot more interesting if you made up your own story/setting/characters. Just my opinion though.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline BioShock

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 00:26:29 »
Actually, I'm more interested in the tilesets that would result from such a venture.

And what a bummer it would be if the tilesets turned out to be not for public use.  X)

BioShock, I'm looking forward to play your Zelda level! I too am a big fan of Zelda games and find their graphics inspirational, as you probably know already...  ;)

I'd like to help more with this, and a few years ago I could do so without a second thought, but as a married guy with many jobs, I can't really do that anymore - unless you can convince my employers to let me off for a short paid leave...  :P

On the bright side, making your own graphics gives an experience and satisfaction that co-op development cannot substitute for. So, good luck! ^_^

Get me your boss's number ill actually call him! and im using the TRIFORCE from TW design, iz dat k?

Edit: Almost forgot, I could use a little help, with some story for the middle so it wont get boring, and i want to make it long, like some of the games

Meh. I think it would be a lot more interesting if you made up your own story/setting/characters. Just my opinion though.

I making one of those! i just lost inerest, its about a Young girl names Sarah who needs to find her BF Nolan, and there is a huge plot twist, etc..etc.. and the setting is the world...

And i was inspired (like i said in the topic) I dont really like making levels like this but i think it would be a success!

[mod]Merged doublepost. [/mod]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:03:31 by SiamJai »

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 07:13:11 »
Get me your boss's number ill actually call him! and im using the TRIFORCE from TW design, iz dat k?

Sure, it's fine. I'm glad to see it being used! :-) I don't think my boss would appreciate the true value of this level to let me off though.  :P2

But there is an awesome pixel-artist who actually made Knytt-sized Zelda pixel art already; her name is Charity236 and she's very kind and 'charitable'. :) Maybe you could contact her about this project.

Offline BioShock

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 00:17:52 »

Sure, it's fine. I'm glad to see it being used! :-) I don't think my boss would appreciate the true value of this level to let me off though.  :P2

But there is an awesome pixel-artist who actually made Knytt-sized Zelda pixel art already; her name is Charity236 and she's very kind and 'charitable'. :) Maybe you could contact her about this project.

Oh thanks, ill just have to contact her, thanks.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 13:17:53 »
You might check out www.zeldaclassic.com and... lets see what is the other one... www.purezc.com.  These are websites dedicated to a topdown hybrid zelda level maker.  It's pretty complicated to use though, imho, but they have lots of freely available tile sets with zelda themes it you want to try to integrate them into Knytt Stories.

Not that I'm trying to send you away from the Knytts or anything.  :)

Oooo... this one might be useful:

http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&id=1214

Offline BioShock

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 06:47:58 »
Thanks headgrinder, this helped  8D