[Challenge/Medium] Squeaky Clean

• 3 Replies
[Challenge/Medium] Squeaky Clean
« on: May 09, 2010, 05:15:45 »
Guide a foul-mouthed little runt named Juni away from the sterile and boring realm of the vindictive and petty Sparkle Angel, through the vibrant, seedy underworld fraught with peril, to the New World!

Level's not terribly long, but I put a fair bit of work into it. Hope you like it! Criticism appreciated.

(For some reason it just refuses to be uploaded on the normal level archive--sorry!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?xnwh2njrmwt

Offline Firewall

• View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Medium] Squeaky Clean
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 05:50:14 »
Lol this is gonna remind me of Billy Mays......*sniff*
Anyway il try it. But can you do me a favor and post some pictures?
_  _   Stars Earned: :hiddenstar:
O O

Offline ElMirador

• TuT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 04:37:16 »
Beated.
short but funny. GJ.
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAACBwgAAgYEAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]WaDF is the one of the best plaformer games I've ever played XD

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 13:06:41 »
Eh, to be perfectly honest, this didn't feel like you put a lot of work into it. Sorry! The premise was promising, but the simplistic visuals kind of killed it for me. The "marble" didn't look like marble, the sewers looked more like a lake with some stuff rising from the water here and there, and so on. (I mean, if you wanted filth, you could've used brown/red water and brown/red waterfalls, you know?) The plot doesn't come together well, either: it's very easy to mistake [spoilers]the instant death screens at the end for an ending. Works perfectly as sarcasm. I only realized the level had a proper ending after I checked it with the level editor. And the proper ending did not work well, since well, what the hell is Skyhome?[/spoiler]

I had quite some trouble with some of the challenges, so I'd rate this hard rather than medium. I don't know if you made some things easy to miss on purpose (i.e.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
) - if you did, well, they don't quite work since finding them isn't much of a challenge and, because of the poor visuals, not interesting/not exploration.