Shouldn't we have a "Off-Topic" section?

• 4 Replies

Offline Firewall

• View Profile
Shouldn't we have a "Off-Topic" section?
« on: May 09, 2010, 05:14:23 »
I was wondering if we should have a "Off-Topic" Section for the forum. I was gonna do some topics but thay never seem to fit in any other sections of the forum.
Here let me give some examples of Off-Topics;
•"Hi im new here"
•"I got a new car today!"
•"Funnyest Video on Youtube"
•"Theres this girl at school...."
•"Im looking at getting a new computer"

I think a Off-Topic section would make the forum a little more fun. ;)

-Discuss-
NOTE: If one of the Examples posted can already fit into another part of the forum; please exuse me and I will cross out that current example.
_  _   Stars Earned: :hiddenstar:
O O

Offline chipset

• View Profile
Re: Shouldn't we have a "Off-Topic" section?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 05:25:50 »
This was pretty much discussed before, and the answer generally was "No".
http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=872.0
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

Offline Firewall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 05:46:03 »
This was pretty much discussed before, and the answer generally was "No".
http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=872.0
Oh.....I guess it may not happen.
But im gonna let this topic go on till it dies or gets Admin-Locked.
_  _   Stars Earned: :hiddenstar:
O O

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 11:08:57 »
I actually wanted to bring this up once, but I knew the admins would have some bad excuses, like "it's uncontrollable" or "it takes up too much space" (this one is very popular here). Oh and, #NiffChat is NOT an Off-Topic board. You can post about a funny YT video there, or a celebrity or music or SOMETHING, but it's a chat! If you want to write anything longer than 3 sentences, you need a board, and not a chat.

Oh and, I just noticed LPChip said that this forum used to have an Off-Topic board, but a lot of people were active there and it "took away the point of gaming" or whatever. So, this is not even an excuse, this is simply saying "NO YOU'RE NOT GETTING A FORUM FOR GENERAL CHATTING BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO STICK TO GAMING TOPICS SO SHUT UP AND BE HAPPY.". They want us to stick to a specific set of topics. I've never seen any forum do that.

EDIT: Let me a elaborate a bit on this. Sure, every forum was made for a specific purpose (movies, gaming, books etc.) but what if you don't want to talk only about that? That's why the Off-Topic board is there. Obviously, the admins want us to chat about only the thing this forum was made for, and some other random stuff they threw in. I'm not trying to say the admins suck, they're actually much better than some other ones I've met.

Oh and, if the "takes up space" excuse is used once more, I'll gladly post a list of what exactly on this forum is a waste of space.

If anyone wants to send me hate mail and/or death threats, my email is webmaster@microsoft.com.

Thank you and good night.

=|=
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:12:47 by Yukabacera »
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 12:16:33 »
I'm going to lock this topic.

Not because I don't want you to discuss it, but because we already have such topic.

Since the other topic is not locked, feel free to continue the discussion in that topic.

URL: http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=872.0

@Yukabacera, you should've been there when it got out of hand, and I'm sure you would've understand our decision to not add it again.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex