[challenge/normal/medium]Shipwrecked Full Version

• 76 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [challenge/normal/medium]Shipwrecked Full Version
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2010, 23:14:17 »
That reminds me, I need to make a walkthrough. All the endings depend on the last day which is why you have the option to restart the last day.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2010, 06:11:16 »

And yet, it's a step I somehow avoided...?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2010, 13:29:19 »
True, it's an unnecessary step. It's a very helpful one though.

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2010, 09:14:00 »
playthrough from day 5 to the bonus bonus ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqrsIt3ba8k

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2010, 20:32:18 »
I'm trying this level now, but I think I just found a bug. (Version 1.0)
On the second day, when Juni needs to gather wood, I overloked the very first piece, so I kept on going. When she said she only needed one more, I went back and got that one and she said that again - just one more. Now I can't find more wood but it won't let me start the fire. (I already have the magnesium, but it still says I need more wood.)
You should definitely fix this, as I was really enjoying the level and this little problem is a pitty. :)

EDIT: Yep, it's a glitch. I just replayed it collecting the same pieces of wood, this time on the correct order and it worked.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 20:39:25 by PONTO »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2010, 01:09:19 »
^: Sorry about that. You're supposed to be able to find the objects in any order which means there are 120 different ways to do it. I haven't tried them all. There are 48 ways to pick up the wood near the beach after all the other wood. Can you tell me the exact order you picked up all the items? I'll sift through the code in the meantime.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2010, 11:49:40 »
I just tried doing it like the first time and I couldn't reproduce the bug. Sorry. =(
I think the order I did was:

1. Magnesium
2. On a platform after exiting the cave
3. On the way back, up high
4. The leftmost piece, after the purple enemy
5. The first piece, after the beach

Anyway, I beat the level with both endings and I must say I loved it. Amazing work there. It's noticeable that you put quite a lot of work on to it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:03:01 by PONTO »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2010, 14:39:31 »
^: I figured out what happened. You were moving when you picked up the 3rd piece. There's a shift on the target screen that turns on a flag and auto-saves the game. It was a spot shift which can be missed if Juni is running while teleporting. Now it's a square shift. This should prevent anyone else from experiencing an uncompletable game. Thanks for finding this PONTO!

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2010, 19:44:42 »
You're welcome. x)

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2013, 23:54:10 »
I am quite RIDICULOUSLY proud to say that I beat the room with the slime, the spike guy and the mushrooms (x992y1070) on my FIRST TRY.  I made it from day 5 to the bonus bonus ending in 34 deaths. As ortoslon doesn't have a working video of it (they always make me look bad <_<), I am now officially smug 8).

This may or may not have been my third playthrough of the lunatic area.

egomassive, this level was excellent. I got all the possible endings and all the hidden content today, and enjoyed myself throughout, despite repetitive strain injury. In my view you are the second-best level designer out there (even Shipwrecked does not beat I Dreamed of the Sky) and TToK has a strong chance of making you the best, as well as the most important non-Nifflas contributor to the KS community. Congratulations, you're amazing!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:51:48 by Chrysophylax »
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2013, 00:18:20 »
Here that? Second best! I bet your ego's not so massive now!

:P2

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2013, 00:31:37 »
Not as massive as mine any more!

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2013, 02:08:47 »
Do you realize that I Dreamed of the Sky uses an ambiance loop I created for this level? :O ... I just wanted to point that out. :P ... Seriously though, I've yet to dethrone Nifflas as top KS designer. Heck, I haven't even surpassed Farik. But, if I don't get my act together and finish TTok, Talps or Plural may take the crown first.

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 12:19:04 »
Do you realize that I Dreamed of the Sky uses an ambiance loop I created for this level? :O ... I just wanted to point that out. :P ... Seriously though, I've yet to dethrone Nifflas as top KS designer. Heck, I haven't even surpassed Farik. But, if I don't get my act together and finish TTok, Talps or Plural may take the crown first.

No, I didn't realise that.

I have a truly marvelous response to this comment which this morning is too small to contain. You may or may not see it later, depending upon the status of my repetitive strain injury. Four solid days of KS does that to you.

Hopeseekeer

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2018, 11:21:59 »
So sorry, I guess I am now officially the gravedigger of the group.
But for a reason.
I have found out that Shipwrecked, which is one of my favourite levels of all times, has been reuploaded recently on the Levels Archive, around 9 days ago, along with the Dying Core.
So I thought: what better occasion to ask Egomassive (hi, nice to meet you) if there's anything new in these two levels.
Also if I'm not rude, is there any news about tToK or other projects of yours? Your works are among the most well executed one can find (the flag 2 checking for flag 1 toggling flag 3 if both are true is...how to put it...very notable and enjoyable).
Thank you and again, I'm really sorry for grave digging. If there was a place on the forum where I could talk about very old levels, I would very much be pleased to post there. There isn't one, and I found no other way to talk about this. Besides, fewer people would check a separate forum section so in a way, I am happy there isn't one. So please bear with me. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:27:22 by Hopeseekeer »