[challenge/normal/medium]Shipwrecked Full Version

• 76 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [challenge/normal/medium]Shipwrecked Beta
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 01:48:30 »
@Healy: In the last update I added a lot of notes in the world.ini. They mostly describe what all of the flags are used for on each day. Up at the top of the ini I listed the names of all the ambiance tracks. The "animal sounds" tracks are called Jungle and Jungle Light. They are Ambi33.ogg and Ambi34.ogg respectively. Jungle Light is intended to be heard on approach to the Jungle.

@Feline Monstrosity: Well, I fixed all the glitches found by the community in the last update. But, I discovered that I added one. I streamlined the logic behind day 3, and left behind a wall of shift objects I'm not using anymore. If you play it now it shouldn't ruin it for you later. You will want to play the full version when it comes out. At about 20 minutes of playtime that's not a big deal.

@theiza27: Harvest is one of my favorites.

Spoiler: impossible screen (click to show/hide)

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 02:38:20 »
@Healy: In the last update I added a lot of notes in the world.ini. They mostly describe what all of the flags are used for on each day. Up at the top of the ini I listed the names of all the ambiance tracks. The "animal sounds" tracks are called Jungle and Jungle Light. They are Ambi33.ogg and Ambi34.ogg respectively. Jungle Light is intended to be heard on approach to the Jungle.
Ah, thank you!

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 21:00:07 »
I'm completely snowed under with RL work at the moment, have been for a couple of months or so, but today I came back from a work meeting and was too exhausted to do even more work at home. So I played a bit of KS instead - for the first time in weeks. One level I played today (or rather, finished today - I'd started it a while ago) was this one. It is completely lovely, and I can't wait for the full version! Great work, egomassive!

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 18:12:56 »
This level is absolutely amazing - it's great to see so good level released, when everyone's "KS's dying" talking.
Can't wait to play expanded version. It'd go to my favorite levels list if I had one.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 05:14:49 »
Yikes! Over a month since my last update. I had worked on this so intensely for the competition that I got tired of messing with it. The level is nearly finished. All I really have to do is draw the cutscene gradients and make a handful of custom objects. Drawing cutscenes is my least favorite part.

When I'm ready to release, I'm going to revive the preview thread and ask for beta testers. I don't know when that will be. The infamous level killer, RL, is stalking me.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [challenge/normal/medium]Shipwrecked Full Version
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 20:34:13 »
The full version has been beta tested and is now released! Get it in the top post.

For those who have played the beta, this version includes 2 new bonus endings, an extended normal ending, and a smattering of new content throughout. Though the level is normal, the path leading to the 2 bonus endings is almost very hard. For those interest in level designing, I have fully documented the world.ini. I've done everything I can to ensure there aren't any bugs in this version. If you find any please post them here. Thank you.

Sadly, my website is under construction. There won't be a walkthrough until I get the website in order. If you have any questions about the game play, ask them here and I will try to answer them. If you have questions or comments about the story, please use spoiler tags. I am not going to answer questions about plot elements. I don't want to ruin the mystery. You are free to speculate among yourselves. :)

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 02:15:59 »
Excellent! I've been awaiting this C)p

Congrats on finishing the level! :) *Downloading*
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 05:06:22 »
Ooh! I've heard of this! I might have to play it...But I'm a little busy right now. :(
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline JNB

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 03:33:38 »
Well done! You are a good level designer.

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 20:25:08 »
Great! I like
Spoiler: Day 4 (click to show/hide)
and how
Spoiler: Day 6 (click to show/hide)
Also, how did you make it all like that with the cutscenes and such? And where do you hide the 'real' Juni when the CO takes her place?

Also, i agree with theiza27.

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 00:10:20 »
Also, how did you make it all like that with the cutscenes and such? And where do you hide the 'real' Juni when the CO takes her place?
There was a thread explaining all the details of cutscenes like that, but I can't find it. :(
Lurk more.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 01:08:03 »
This is the thread that explains it.
For some reason I couldn't find it without using the search function, even though I knew where it was supposed to be. I think the forum might be undergoing some kind of maintenance. There's a link in the top thread to a tutorial level demonstrating the technique. It handles animations better than Shipwrecked. The world.ini is fully documented.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you are all enjoying Shipwrecked

Offline Antikythera

• The Great Machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 04:15:22 »
Really, really impressed by this, especially the cutscenes. I only found one secret ending, though, and apparently there are two? I found the one that leads to
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
is there another one?

I have to say my favorite aspect of the level is the changing tide next to the edge of the beach.
Menagerie - 25%
Skyline Spires - 5%
A Golden Hymn - 0%

The Great Machine, Antikythera, which grinds the blood of men into history.

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 09:17:20 »
@Antikythera:
Spoiler: hint (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: solution (click to show/hide)

Excellent, excellent level! It took me quite some time to get to the
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
, but it was worth it C)p
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 17:03:33 »
Thank you for answering that question for me bulbapuck. On the ending, I'm sorry League of Crap Players. I've never gotten the good ending on Cave Story, but it's my justification for making the bonus endings so hard to get.