Opera
4 (6.9%)
Safari
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Which browser do you use?

• 18 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Which browser do you use?
« on: May 04, 2010, 20:26:28 »
I'd like to find out who is using what browser in case I would run into compatibility issues with certain browsers. I listed 3 versions of Internet Explorer since each version has different support for web standards.

You're allowed to take up to 5 votes, would you use all browsers. Do not vote for more than one IE version though, its not possible to run IE6, IE7 or IE8 at the same time. If you use multiple, only pick the highest version of the one you use.

EDIT: I am curious about browsers that you use for browsing, not testing. :)

EDIT2: Changed Firefox to Firefox/seamonkey. Same rendering engine, which is basically what I want to know. :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 23:09:09 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: Which browser do you use?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 21:11:01 »
Well... I use SeaMonkey (the successor of the former Mozilla Application Suite). I suppose I should vote Firefox, since they both use the same HTML rendering engine (Gecko). Also, I use Firefox at work.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 22:22:00 »
Chrome here.

I will actually will use any browser except IE.

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 22:50:23 »
I am starting to use Chrome more and more, for times when IE8 feels too slow or clogs up. It's actually much faster, for instance more than double the speed when loading a flash file. But it don't have any nice addons. And the AQW toolbar only supports IE and FireFox. Did I mention I rather use IE than FF? Because they are exactly the same on the inside, for me, and since I'm used to IE I sticked with that. And it's also a little bit faster, but not by much. I have FF installed though, but the only reason I would use it is if I want to hack something. Hacking FF (and thorugh/from it) is so much easier since the security is bullcrap.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 23:05:23 »
When using my Main computer, i always use FireFox, simply because i absolutely despise IE8. I've also voted for Safari, as It's what i (not surprisingly) use when im on a mac. (which is relatively often)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 01:27:08 »
Waaah?! How come admins can make super fancy polls? T-T

My personal browser of choice is Firefox. The major reason I use it is its neato ability to store sessions. Also the addons.
Lurk more.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 04:35:09 »
FireFox. A lot better than Internet Exploder Explorer.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 09:56:39 »
Why does everyone hate IE so much? Just because it's made by Microsoft? Just because it was the first browser, and is considered old?
And what's all this FireFox about? Just because it was the first browser to challenge IE (no, Netscape don't count, it was fail)? It's not much different. At all. If you complain about security, speed, crashes or whatever, use Chrome.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 10:14:38 »
Why does everyone hate IE so much? Just because it's made by Microsoft? Just because it was the first browser, and is considered old?
And what's all this FireFox about? Just because it was the first browser to challenge IE (no, Netscape don't count, it was fail)? It's not much different. At all. If you complain about security, speed, crashes or whatever, use Chrome.

Mainly, it's just personal. For me, for example, I greatly dislike the appearance of IE8, and would rather a nice Persona in Firefox. It also has a lot of addins that i use (chatzilla, video downloader, etc, etc)  which aren't available in IE. Oh yeah, and i prefer FF's error console for when i'm doing a bit of HTML/JS scripting.

It also probably has something to do with what you are used to. I started using FF when i was on Mac, and Safari wasn't doing what i needed it to do. As a result, i got used to it, and continued using it when i moved to win7, and now Ubuntu as well (well, it IS default)

Also, could we PLEASE not turn this into a browser war. Sure, feel free to express your own opinion, but don't try to force it on others, or keep going on about it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:17:21 by AClockworkLemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 10:52:28 »
Indeed, I did not started this topic to start a browser war.

I only want to know what you use, not that another browser sucks.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 11:20:13 »
If you complain about security, speed, crashes or whatever, use Chrome.
For me, firefox is faster than Chrome, and less buggy.
Weird that, since everybody seems to think that Chrome is faster.

(Also, FF is still way more secure than IE, and had more and better add-ons than Chrome)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 12:06:55 »
Also, could we PLEASE not turn this into a browser war. Sure, feel free to express your own opinion, but don't try to force it on others, or keep going on about it.
Indeed, I did not started this topic to start a browser war.

I only want to know what you use, not that another browser sucks.
I am not trying to force my opinion on others, nor did I say FF suck. I only asked why so many people seem to dislike IE, and then I stated my opinions. I'm sorry if I said it the wrong way and it looked like flaming.

For me, firefox is faster than Chrome, and less buggy.
Weird that, since everybody seems to think that Chrome is faster.

(Also, FF is still way more secure than IE, and had more and better add-ons than Chrome)
That is pretty strange, since Chrome is generally faster (proven by tests). I've never experienced it to be buggy, and it have never clogged up for me. Even with so many tabs that they became so small you could barely click them. But it could be your internet, computer or the way you use it.
And I wouldn't say FF is more secure than IE. In my experience, FireFox was easier to hack. But they are basically the same, depending on the conditions and so... they both fell after a few minutes at pwn2own, though (they managed to crack everything except Chrome).
And no, Chrome don't have any fun addons. Yet. Which is why I use IE. I'm used to it.
Also like someone said, personal preferences.

Also opinionsopinionsopinions why do people take them so seriously. There's no war here.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 12:11:44 »
Waaah?! How come admins can make super fancy polls? T-T

'cause we're admins.

I am not trying to force my opinion on others, nor did I say FF suck. I only asked why so many people seem to dislike IE, and then I stated my opinions.
not the place for that here though. this thread is really just to see which browser people mainly use, the reason for either choice are very much irrelevant in this context.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 02:22:00 »
I actually use both IE and FF, but I mainly use FF. I like IE for the In Private browsing, great for when you're buying stuff online, but FF's more customizable, which is a HUGE plus for me. :D
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.