[Normal] Yuni Sweat Revange !
« on: May 03, 2010, 18:20:50 »
Here u go... new map ! BY me ! YAY ! that's right  :nuts:

:Link: http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Adam%20-%20YuniRevange.knytt.bin
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 18:33:38 by Adam0o3 »

Re: [Normal] Yuni Sweat Revange !
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:21:29 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
The graphics, on the other hand, were very nice. Especially the CO bosses.
Lurk more.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 05:07:50 »
The fact that this level is called "HentaiWorld" in the menu honestly terrifies me as to what your original intentions for this level were.

Anyhoo, it's a very interesting concept you used in this level. Unfortunately it's bogged down by some poor design decisions, as PP has outlined.
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Adam0o3

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:26:56 »
xD eh no worry... im working now on something rly serious, and this map what im doing, will not take few days .... btw : bosses are easy too beat (for me) xd
and sorrry for map name just forgot change it after i finished (my mistake :o)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:32:06 by Adam0o3 »

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 11:49:56 »
It's an interesting level, I've never played a KS level focused exclusively on boss battles. Graphics are simple but nice looking. PP may have a point there with the springs, they are kinda hard to see when they blend with the background.

As for the gameplay... the level is short and fun, but also pretty frustrating at some spots. For the most part, you just have to figure out the correct pattern and practice a little (the autosave allows you do so without having to restart the battle from the beginning). But the later stages of the last boss have some VERY cheap moments:

Spoiler: Last boss (click to show/hide)

Also, this level feels like it was rushed to completion. The fact the title is wrong (as SecretGlitch pointed out), the lack of a proper title screen and the duration of the adventure makes me think so. You sport some original ideas, but it's a shame you didn't take the time to develop and polish your level more. It feels empty when you're not battling a boss... you could have extended the areas and included some puzzles or minor challenges between bosses (like exploring the area to find a key which would let you access the boss).

Overall, it's an interesting level, but there are a few issues that drag it down. For the record, I liked your previous level (Juni's Dream) more than this one... It felt more complete and the story was more developed. However, this is an interesting experiment... you could recycle some of the ideas you used on this on your future, bigger levels :)

And lastly... I know this might make me sound like a dick, but... remember to not only try to improve your grammar, but your spelling as well. Man, the title of the level is just barely legible :P2
Some KS levels by me:

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 13:09:09 »
I completely agree with VG's comments. To me the level felt just like "Juni Dream" - very nice visuals and atmosphere, but problematic gameplay. Maybe you should try to make an environmental level? ;)

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 18:23:37 »
Sorry for being annoying, but can someone post screenshots? :)

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 21:05:49 »
I wouldn't mind posting a few, but I don't know if Adam would be okay with that. You can see some screenshots in this post, though those are a little outdated.

Hmm... I don't know why, but I'm thinking this tileset would be nice for a level like "Sky Flower". A short, relaxing level with few enemies or none at all. Just platforming and exploration.
Some KS levels by me: