Knytt Stories: The Machine, green forest, difficult jump

• 6 Replies
Hello! I hope someone can help me. I've beaten KS:TM multiple times and of course am a huge fan of all Nifflas' games. I've found all the keys so I know this incredibly difficult series of jumps isn't related to that but I am curious if anyone knows what is beyond the last jump. Let me describe the situation.
At the vertical updraft in the green forest where you would normally use the umbrella to rise to the snowy land, you can instead climb up to the left. You can then make a series of increasingly difficult jumps and grabs to reach a few more screens to the left. I have made all jumps except the last (what I assume to be the last) jump. You need to fall off the screen to the left and then double jump to grab a small out-jut. I have never been able to do this. I'm assuming there wouldn't be a series of handholds and ledges in the exact positions they're in if this jump weren't possible and if there wasn't a worthwhile reason to complete the series of jumps. Can anyone educate me as to what this area is and if the jump sequence is indeed possible to complete?

Thanks!

-W

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: Knytt Stories: The Machine, green forest, difficult jump
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:06:16 »
a screenshot might help people to identify what you're talking about. I think the [faq] explains how to take and attach one. :)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 18:16:38 »
An excellent idea Miss Paul! thanks :)

This is where you initially climb to the left

Then comes a series of difficult jumps/climbs, culminating in what is to me an impossible jump.

Thoughts?

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 18:51:53 »
I tried those jumps once, but I don't think I've ever reached the end. There's no secret there though.

EDIT: it's definitely possible to reach the point you could never grab, I did it right now; what I'm not sure is the jump after that, because I keep narrowingly missing it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 19:10:32 by AA »
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 19:30:14 »
Thanks for your quick reply AA, this has been driving me crazy! Well, it's god to know that the jump is indeed doable...I just can't see why Nifflas would make this series of intriguing jumps if there was no goal, ya know? Everything about these games is so designed and intentional, for some reason I think there must be something there. I guess there isn't and the jumps are just practice or to play around with.
Thanks! :)

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 22:57:21 »
An excellent idea Miss Paul! thanks :)
:sad:

on topic I only have to say that there is a cheat that could help you get there if it indeed is driving you crazy, but it doesn't really seem like you'd want that, since you also didn't just check out the level in the editor.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 23:49:59 »
AH! I'm so sorry about the typo! Let me try again:

"Thank you for your help Miss Paula!"

There we go  :^^:

No I suppose I haven't checked it out in the editor. I guess if there was something there we'd all know about it by now, eh?
Sheepishly, I kinda forgot about the editor. I've never personally used it so it slipped my mind  :oops:

Thanks for the advice and help on this goofy lil' question everyone. I'm much less crazy-thinking about the whole business now.

_W