[Concluded] Help! Footage needed for media!

• 11 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
[Concluded] Help! Footage needed for media!
« on: May 01, 2010, 14:59:20 »
Hey!

This came up all of a sudden, apparantly there's this TV program in Sweden that wants to talk about and show Saira. It's of course quite important for me to appear on this. They want some footage from the game more than the trailer contains, so I decided to record some in Fraps. Now, my own PC isn't quite powerful enough to both play the game and record it with a solid framerate, it looked really crappy. I borrowed another PC and had bad luck with that one, the soundcard had a problem with that the "stereo mix" record input didn't work, so I couldn't get any sound out of the game.

The problem is, I need to send some footage today and I can't find a PC to record the footage from. If you have a powerful PC and Fraps, and a place to upload recorded video to, it would be super helpful for me if you want to do this! Basically, a few sequences from different levels in the game would be cool to have, stuff that doesn't contain too much spoilers, and also without the instructions bar at the top of the screen (which can be disabled in the game PDA).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:28:18 by Nifflas »

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: Help! Footage needed for media!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 15:51:08 »
I wanted to help, but I'm afraid my PC isn't powerful enough for this. I can only record at ~5 fps, so the video is really choppy :(  Maybe someone else can lend you a hand.

I also tried CamStudio (free software), which captures audio just fine, but it seems to be even slower than Fraps at recording video.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 19:53:15 »
I also tried CamStudio (free software), which captures audio just fine, but it seems to be even slower than Fraps at recording video.

I tried CamStudio too: my PC manages to record Saira at about 15 FPS, but for some reason only with 16-bit colour. Sorry I can't help.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 20:50:07 »
I could record some video at a resonable rate, but I have Camtasia, not Fraps. Besides, someone else is using my primary recording computer at the moment.
Lurk more.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 04:41:28 »
I've tried recording with the one I have (Camtasia), but on my laptop it slows the game down quite a lot, even before recording... sorry.  :(

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 09:27:33 »
It's concluded now! I managed to find a friend who had a fast enough PC. Thanks for trying though! Also, Camtasia isn't an option with hardware accelerated graphics, only Fraps is actally.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Re: [Concluded] Help! Footage needed for media!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 13:04:02 »
Can you post a recording of that program, after it broadcasts, please? :)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 14:40:23 »
I have no idea when it's on yet, and will probably not record it (I don't even have a TV). They'll probably just mention the game, there's no interview involved unless they're using something from the Nordic Game event in Malmö which I just attended to.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 23:57:45 »
Well, do you know the name of the program? I can pick up Swedish TV (I used it to watch Wallander before it was broadcast on BBC 4) and I would love to see this, even if it wasn't in English.

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 16:26:21 »
I think it's Gomorron Sverige, but I'm a bit unsure

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 00:35:27 »
1. Google "Gomorron Sverige Saira"
2. Click "Cached"
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

But why the heck did they remove it anyway.

Oh and here's a link but I doubt it will work, dunno how Googles caching thing works.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 00:45:23 by LimeLemon »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 01:42:05 »
Oh and here's a link but I doubt it will work, dunno how Googles caching thing works.
Works fine for me. Thanks for posting. :D

[mod]removed edit. It didn't contain any english translation. (see Official Forum Rules) [/mod]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 15:25:50 by LPChip »
Lurk more.