« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 13:13:02 »
Too bad nobody plays it...

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
Re: Knytt Stories Online Version 1.3.1
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 13:50:41 »
I think the problem lies in the need to plan to play this thing, and there are not very efficient methods of doing so at this time.  We can endlessly post requests to the forums and miss each other by minutes, hours, days.  You almost need a way to see at a glance who is online so you can instantaneously pm them.

Offline Rotfly

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 18:10:46 »
I will be looking for some1 to play regularly, because I love the idea with making Knytt Stories an online game!

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 13:26:07 »
how possible would it be to make levels for kso which require more than one player?  Something like one person has to throw a switch to let the other in, then back and forth, or whatever.

Offline LB

• I failed the Turing test.
    • View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 05:21:09 »
It'd require a new level format sepearte from the regular format that specified number of players and thier starting positions.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 13:02:03 »
Hmmm... starting points are save points, aren't they?  So as long as your save point wasn't within the locked area that would be fine, you'd just have to find each other.  And as for number of players, as long as a player knows how many players they would need to beat the level, there is no real problem there either, right?  Or is the "number of players" problem because of flag issues that would quite work right?

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 14:15:20 »
Correct me if I'm completely wrong, but... couldn't that be implemented via unused object slots? For example, we could reserve object 40 of bank 0 (currently unused in normal KS) for a second player start point. That way, the level would still be compatible with normal KS, while KS online would use that object to set a starting point for a second player. The only problem would be setting the starting default power-ups for that player, although that could be solved just by making that alternative start point share the same default power-ups as the normal one.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Rotfly

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 18:42:36 »
Actually I enjoy playing normal lvls as long as there are ppl that want to play with me! So I recently look for anyone to play with... Also making a lvl for at least 2 players is IMO easy, if only the players would go their own ways, but it's a lot of work...

Offline LB

• I failed the Turing test.
    • View Profile
    • LB-Stuff
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 20:33:16 »
Hmmm... starting points are save points, aren't they?  So as long as your save point wasn't within the locked area that would be fine, you'd just have to find each other.  And as for number of players, as long as a player knows how many players they would need to beat the level, there is no real problem there either, right?  Or is the "number of players" problem because of flag issues that would quite work right?

By starting points I mean the place you start when you start a new save file that hadn't had you saved anywhere. The place Knytt starts in the editor.

Offline hugobros3

• Former Knytt Stories Online "Coder"
    • View Profile
    • XolioWare Interactive
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 21:13:34 »
Correct me if I'm completely wrong, but... couldn't that be implemented via unused object slots? For example, we could reserve object 40 of bank 0 (currently unused in normal KS) for a second player start point. That way, the level would still be compatible with normal KS, while KS online would use that object to set a starting point for a second player. The only problem would be setting the starting default power-ups for that player, although that could be solved just by making that alternative start point share the same default power-ups as the normal one.
You're right :)
Most of my posts on this forum were made when I was about 12-13. Have mercy of the younger me discovering the Internet.

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 23:21:51 »
Link is broken  :(

Offline hugobros3

• View Profile
    • XolioWare Interactive
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 11:17:54 »
Most of my posts on this forum were made when I was about 12-13. Have mercy of the younger me discovering the Internet.

Offline hugobros3

• View Profile
    • XolioWare Interactive
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 20:54:50 »
ehee ? crap hosting...
try to download from the kso page...
http://hugosoft.orgfree.com/KSO

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 14:53:32 »
all of these links take me to some random error of different types.  :sigh: sorry to be such a pain