[Stranded] (Sethron the Ghoul Hunter Monsters from Knytt stories to Doom Project

• 7 Replies

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile

I could probably will be making another follow-up to my Ghoul series, this time on a different game, same game were I got inspiration from another mod. many more Ghouls to come, coding is kind of based off another Monster.

The Story
In the year 2499, Xorons, Humans, Taraniki, Obunum and Belgorths mentioned a beutiful planet called Knyttopia, how it was full of amazing islands, creatures and the planet's natives the Knytt's. One day order Izofaust enlisted soldiers for an exploration mission, weeks later your friends decided to build a bunker on the island of Florate (Where the Haunted woods is located). After the construction of the base you and your mates were talking about whatever they had interests in, but later you hear distorted yells, and people screaming, the door opens and a barely visable Skull pops up in your face. Thats all you remember untill you wake up. You see your Dead mates and their organs lying around you, and the base is heavily damaged. Ahead of you is a dark forest and unmerciful Ghouls. The only way out, is through.

Youtube videos

Soulless hand
The gateway to horror

List of Ghouls
Soulless Hand - Finished
HoloSkull - Finished
Corupted Soul - Finished
Vorp - Known bugs: Crashes the game if it sees you.
Shade - Finished
Stitchface - Finished
Stitchforce - Not started
Multi-di - Not started
Shade Ringleader - Not started
Snatcher (Was Creaker) - Not started
Skaahboom - Not started
Chatter - Drawn
Opticalburner (Socketmelter's brother) - Not started
Eye-See-You - Not started
Ziygome (Final boss) - Not started

Evicted Ghouls
Scribble Monster - The least scariest of all the Ghouls, and too similar to Holoskull.
Socketmelter - Doesn't have a front face, also replaced for Opticalburner
Sidimiz - Sethron allready killed him the propper way.

List of maps
MAP00 - The gateway to horror: Restarting
MAP01 - The Haunted Woods: Restarting
MAP02 - The Mines: Started
MAP03 - Spooksville: Not started (Split for the end boss at MAP02).
MAP04 - The Vorp factory: Not started
MAP05 - Ziygome's lair: Not started

What do you think?

PS: I think this forum needs a Youtube feature.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:37:17 by Lizzaroro »
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here
My Youtube *Contains NSFW*

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
This looks awesome.  I love custom DOOM stuff.  Great game, update with downloads when you're finished!
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
Thanks for your support everyone, I might even show gameplay of the Corupted soul when I have the time. I made her (or better yet it) big and scary, but hard as well.

Also my Dreams have helped me introduce a new Ghoul, the Vorp.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:39:40 by Lizzaroro »
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Oh man... this takes me back so many years ago. I used to play tons of maps and mods for Doom, and I myself loved making custom stuff. I even made a "Doom Bot" mod back then when the game source code hadn't been released and you only could use DeHackEd to modify the behaviour of monsters and weapons. Man... good times 8)

I'll keep an eye on this. It'll be nice to play a cool Doom mod after all this time :D  Good luck!
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
I've finished a skill select map, much like one from Quake.

Heres the Nightmare hall.

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
Sweet, that looks pretty disturbing.  I look forward to exploring this.

Got any new videos?
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
Sweet, that looks pretty disturbing.  I look forward to exploring this.

Got any new videos?

Not yet. Since my microphone input is broken, i'll just have to find some sound sources to edit around for the Vorp. I might show off the skill select map soon. The Nightmare skill is a secret :P2.

Edit:

A new video is up!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:44:59 by Lizzaroro »