Stuck in an Elevator - Super-Giga-Mega CYOA Edition

• 71 Replies

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an Elevator - Super-Giga-Mega CYOA Edition
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 19:17:24 »
Aww.. I musta posted at the same time as you... Well then... 3, turn on the news to find that there's been another earthquake in a third world country!
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 19:41:28 »
Finally, insanity gets the best of Vegetal :nuts: Spending two turns thinking semi-logically was too much for him and he cannot contain his desire of doing stupid random things anymore. He goes batshit loco and starts pressing buttons on the console randomly (4). While doing so, he makes the weirdest possible faces that a man can only imagine.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 19:55:44 »
(5) The guy from the 5th floor discovers that the AI its very deep, maybe what the AI say can help him discover  the meaning of life????/?
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 11:12:20 »
Pumpkin turns on the newsfeed, and watches a very interesting report about some kind of poisonous cookies. Just when the announcer starts talking about MechaTec's faulty elevators and the people stuck in them, the news program is replaced with a pattern of static.

Vegetal starts pressing the buttons randomly, and stops the AI contact program. The elevator music is quickly replaced by ODMSys' monotonous voice: "Hi. I see you're stuck here. Well, I could help you, but I'm busy right now. I'm sure ZED will do something to get this thing moving again. If not, well, call me again." The music comes back on.

The guy from 5th floor starts contemplating the meaning of life with ZED. However, she insists that the meaning of life is "classified data only available to the Council and persons chosen by the Council" and that she "cannot disclose that kind of information at this time".

(1) Search your pockets.
(2) Go out into the shaft.
(3) Contact ODMSys again.
(4) Try to repair the newsfeed.
(5) Try to open the door manually.

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 12:52:22 »
Disappointed with the lack of explosions and a secret PONG minigame, Vegetal sighs and puts his hands into his pockets. He searchs there for the pills the doctor prescribed to him, which supress his impulse of headbutting strangers while saying "Good morning and a broken nose to you!". He remembers the sweet strawberry flavor of those pills and starts drooling (the truth is, those pills are actually PEZ candy that the doctor gave to him so Vegetal would stop pestering him).

Unfortunately, the tube of delicious pills doesn't seem to be there, so he decides to search his pockets thoroughly (1) and see what else's in there.
Some KS levels by me:

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 20:46:40 »
"Oh, Lebensraum Sprunkeldunkel;
Krankenhaus Donau Helga;
Bratwurst Bundestag;
Lederhosen Sauerkraut Sprunkeldunkel;
Volkswagen Knoblauch Scheisse;
Teufel Sprunkeldunkel!"
Sprünkeldünkel isn't German..
Lurk more.

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 06:39:02 »
Go out into the shaft only to discover that... There's absolutely nothing wrong with the elevator! :O
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 07:28:59 »
(1) Check pockets (or rather, the Pause Menu) to find a Key Item > Elevator Gizmo Thingamajic

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 19:32:18 »
SF's new game got locked, so... what will you do now, Yukabacera? Shall we continue playing this game or do you prefer to quit and restart SF's? Another option would be to merge both games. Either way is fine with me.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 19:38:02 »
Well, I guess we'll continue playing this. There's no point in just stopping now; I agree it's too bad SF's game got locked (I was looking forward to playing it), but as they say, the show must go on.  :P2

Oh and, I'm not posting what happened until some other people do stuff.

Oh and, PP, Sprunkeldunkel is pseudo-german.

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 19:53:18 »
(4)The guy from the 5th floor. having no other thing to do. decides to repair the newsfeed.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 21:34:01 »
Another option would be to merge both games. Either way is fine with me.
You mean SiaE's CYOA element and my game's need of teamwork merged into the ultimate MMO CYOA experience full of madness? So...

@Vegetal Gibber: How do you wish things would go?
@Yukabacera: If this game will be a real game, what role do you want? Operator or Main Character?

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 12:45:23 »
Well... personally, I love the idea of combining both games into an epic, action-packed and completely crazy multiplayer adventure :D  It would be like more like an RPG than a CYOA.

Maybe we could do this game as "Episode 1" and then continue with "Episode 2", introducing the new teamwork rules and so. I think that could work. But that's just my opinion.
Some KS levels by me:

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 18:31:22 »
Another idea: How about we use the Hint Coin system from the Prof. Layton games. Every player starts out with 5 Hint Coins, and every challenge has 3 hints. And by performing specific actions people can get more hint coins. Of course, there is only a finite number of Coins, and not enough for all challenges to be out-hinted. The difference between Prof. L's Coin system and this game's Coin system, is that here, the coins are very rare, and once someone asks for a hint everyone else will get the hint for free.

P.S. Sorry, LPChip, but it doesn't seem like we can bend ontopic again until Yukabacera does.

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 02:28:59 »
Oh and, PP, Sprunkeldunkel is pseudo-german.
There isn't even a ü in the german alphabet.
Lurk more.