[Challenge][Very Hard] Amidst The Clouds (Scrapped Beta)

• 6 Replies
Well, I sure haven't posted anything new in a good while. I've been juggling doing FiNCK stuff, KS stuff, and more importantly, programming my own game. But I digress.

Amidst the Clouds was an ambitious little project I began who knows when and canceled it some time or another. The level is nice and all and probably could be made into a real dandy of a level, but I just wasn't feeling it. If I get overwhelming amounts of people going into manic depression over me not finishing this, I may reconsider the cancellation, but otherwise, no further progress will be done in this level. Bits and pieces will be incorporated into Dark Sea 2 whenever that gets really worked on.

Since it's uncompleted, excuse any glitches or dumb things of the like. It's got a decent amount of content in it to make it worthy of posting, and it definitely has a lot of work put into it.

Download.
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
Re: [Challenge][Very Hard] Amidst The Clouds (Scrapped Beta)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 09:35:38 »
Well, I sure haven't posted anything new in a good while. I've been juggling doing FiNCK stuff, KS stuff, and more importantly, programming my own game.

You have to show  :whoa:

*downloading*

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:03:57 »
This level was great. The backround was way to dark and some times I couldn't see between it and foreground and it missguides me. The visuals are great as usual and the co's are also good.

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 17:18:23 »
I hope that you will change your decision with cancellation as it's one of the best challenge I've ever seen - unusual scenery, great visuals, hard but not impossible challenges. It has potential for very, very, very good level.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 22:21:13 »
Oh man, even unfiinished, as you say, this is a marvellous piece of work. Such great environments, Juni walking behind foregrounds, free-floating ropes, all those propellers so nicely holding the place... the color of the sky and the clouds... eh. Thank you for releasing this.

I just wish it wasn't so hard - I can't really get anywhere without cheating :sad:

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:04:27 »
Nice level. It was pretty frustrating in places where you die by touching air. Were you planning to use custom objects at those places to indicate them?
The visuals didn't impress me, but the challenge is very good.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 12:31:07 »
It has that feeling of melancholy that I think all your levels have. But that's great; it's a brilliant atmosphere. I just wish i knew what she was doing there :P
But brilliant, very pretty and atmospheric. I got a bit lost at one point but I still very much enjoyed it. A really good quality level.