[Environmental][easy] Medius (Update: New version!)

• 8 Replies
[Environmental][easy] Medius (Update: New version!)
« on: June 24, 2009, 14:04:00 »
This is somewhat shorter than originally expected, so I decided just to wrap it up and release it rather than add filler. Hopefully you'll agree this was the right choice :)

All graphics/music are custom and made by me (except for two awesome COs).

Beta tested by several people: Nintendomaster, QuietlyConfident and CPW (I think that's all, give me a shout if I've forgotten you).

Screenies:

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!

UPDATE: NESgamer190 LPed this level!

UPDATE 2:
Version 2 released! New, longer soundtrack, generally fixed the level up a bit, annoying non-functional hidden lock removed, more COs, Kitty and Elder have something to say, and a few other things :)

Download link changed to new version, hope you enjoy!

Credits:
Everything Except Two Awesome Custom Knytts: Dataflashsabot
Two Awesome Custom Knytts: Salmoneous
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 14:51:57 by Dataflashsabot »

Offline KM-NAD

• Ooh... pretty lights. This abyss isn't so bad...
    • View Profile
Re: [Environmental][easy] Medius
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 17:57:42 »
Liked the tileset, wasn't too fond of the music (but that's just my tastes, it was good). The secret was...nice, in the sense that it's completely random and well hidden. All in all this level made a nice start to my day.  :)
If, when you see a wall, you spot a small, white, humanoid thing climbing up it, then you've been playing too much knytt. If, when you see a wall, your first thought is to climb it, then you've really been playing too much knytt. Apparantly this happened to a friend of mine. Never heard from him since.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:57:21 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

It looks neat :)

*updating as I play*

EDIT: Phew, that took awhile to finish.

*editing post some more*
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 15:08:57 by Evil »

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 22:04:14 »
Rather.. disappointingly short.
Lurk more.

Re: [Environmental][easy] Medius (Update: New version!)
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 14:52:42 »
Bump! Update, see first post :)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 21:39:28 »
This level somehow feels incomplete or unrefined to me.  The splash screen gives such a wonderful impression of light and color, which always makes me want to play it, but it doesn't quite have that feel in the game.  I think it could have with some transparent, full screen objects that give everything that blinding hazy light feel.  And several of the tiles don't feel like they belong.  The "ending" and flow of the game is very disjointed. 

It feels like a fantastic start and a great idea, but an unfinished one.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 22:51:44 »
This level somehow feels incomplete or unrefined to me.  The splash screen gives such a wonderful impression of light and color, which always makes me want to play it, but it doesn't quite have that feel in the game.  I think it could have with some transparent, full screen objects that give everything that blinding hazy light feel.  And several of the tiles don't feel like they belong.  The "ending" and flow of the game is very disjointed. 

It feels like a fantastic start and a great idea, but an unfinished one.
Thanks for the feedback! There's a lot of stuff I could have done/could do with this level, but I've kinda lost interest in it now, along with KS level creation as a whole. It was fun to make, though. Maybe I'll get back to it someday. :)