[Challenge-Normal/Hard] ~ Recurtis ~

• 12 Replies
[Challenge-Normal/Hard] ~ Recurtis ~
« on: April 18, 2010, 08:00:04 »
Well one day my creativity was overflowing and one thing led to another and this level was created. Umm the story isn't the best, kinda juts put it in for fun but i took the creation of the level itself seriously. Theres no fancy shift animations or CO.

Storyline-Its about Juni.... Death himself .... an old coat..... and a bald eagle [who isnt bald]

EDIT: there are also two secret rooms

Link
http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Strange%20Darkness%20-%20Recurtis.knytt.bin

Enjoy  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:41:30 by Strange Darkness »

Re: [Challenge-Normal/Hard] ~ Recurtis ~
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:17:19 »
Screens look nice. I'll download this and get back to you in the morning.
Lurk more.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 09:51:39 »
Is it just me or do I see only my tilesets in use  :)

*Downloading.*
I stumble across them couple a days ago so i decided to create a level from them.  :D

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 12:08:23 »
Yay! A straightforward level with many environments and a classic Knytt feel, just what I needed today! I liked this very much.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Beautiful environments there, great use of Salmoneus' tilesets. Also, loved the jokes, particularly the

Offline ElMirador

• TuT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 12:09:41 »
same as yohji.maybe i missed something but after walked through the whole level, i still can't find the coat.
everyone i met says they dunno anything.
I need help :|

but enviroment is good.those little sprites r funny heh.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:32:29 by ElMirador »
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAACBwgAAgYEAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]WaDF is the one of the best plaformer games I've ever played XD

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 09:34:53 »
below is a major spoiler and should not be read if you haven't played

another spoiler

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:40:52 by Strange Darkness »

Offline Firewall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 02:05:05 »
Im not realy interested...but il play it anyway cause theres nothing left to do for me :D
*installs and plays*
_  _   Stars Earned: :hiddenstar:
O O

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 09:26:12 »
Im not realy interested...but il play it anyway cause theres nothing left to do for me :D
*installs and plays*
Thank you boredom!

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 20:50:22 »
I played this today and yesterday, and really loved it. I like the sense of whimsy - the nonsensical dialogue, the ending, the absurd
I also liked it very much from an aesthetic point of view - there's a very nice variety to your tileset use here, it's almost as if you set out to create a textbook example of "how many really different-looking variations can you achieve with one tileset", in some areas. I'm especially thinking of your use of the various decorative elements of the black tileset here. Very nice.

The only, very minor, points of criticism I have are
- the transition from the screen with only green plants to the screen with only orange plants feels a bit abrupt;
- in the screenshot attached below, it feels very weird to have the lower part of the lighter blocks be in the background, and the top bit in the foreground (=solid);
- and, this is not a criticism so much as curiosity: why is there a floating ceiling above Juni's village?! ;-)

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 23:55:09 »
Played it today, enjoyed it very much. I liked having the option to barrel through straight to the end, or explore the nicely detailed caverns/ canyons of the planet. Fun stuff!

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 14:30:33 »
@ Hmpf

First of all thank you for your criticism! It actually nice to know your opinions!
The transition from the green to the orange is probably because i felt quite lazy or tired at the time and i wanted to change the amosphere quick or at the time i wanted to experiment.
The lighter and darker grounds was probably once agian me just experimenting or at the time it felt  'right' to do that.
The floating cieling is just due to randomness, i had multiple feelings whilst creating this level

@ B-Man

Yes i love you horror tileset!  :D