[Challenge/Puzzle][Medium][Hard] The Legend of the White Elephant

• 57 Replies

Offline ieatatsonic

• I've only eaten there like 3 times
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Puzzle][Normal/Hard] The Legend of the White Elephant
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2011, 20:40:16 »
Can I get a hint for what to do right after you get the high jump?
YOU HAVE THE INSANITY OF A MANATEE!

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2011, 11:46:19 »
Well call me a dummy, but I just can't see the magic for the Owl Maze. I've gone to the east. I've got onto the ledge with the blue droppies. I can't get past them (my feet get stuck in the first one or I jump into the second one) so far. I just don't know what is amazing here that I should see. There is a bone pointing NE in the ground. (should I go NE in the maze). There is a tree that sorta looks like its shaped like the maze - but it doesn't have a hint there that speaks to me.
There are four blue droppies. There is a tree stump in the middle of them.

None of this seems to relate to the Owl Maze to me. (The tree? maybe there's an owl in there. Just a minute.... no, pressing down at the tree doesn't produce an owl or an explanation.)

Can someone give me a clearer clue?

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2011, 23:10:57 »
I've got onto the ledge with the blue droppies. I can't get past them (my feet get stuck in the first one or I jump into the second one) so far.

You can get past them. You just need to make lots of tiny jumps.

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2011, 13:35:14 »
Thank you... with that encouragement I have finally got past the four blue drop-downs and have now made my way to Faeries' Pond.  :)

Offline hqql

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2011, 17:44:10 »
OH MA GAWD! _O_

This level was SO much fun to play, it was a real good challenge and I absolutely loved every bit of it! I've only had to use the Q&A once to get through (where the "Hmm" box pops up to get to the owl maze) but after finishing it (both endings) I read the rest as well, not to ensure I had everything, but just because it was pretty funny to read.

Yeah some parts were tricky (DAMN YOU GD!!) but it all in all it wasn't too hard, just about hard enough to REALLY wanna keep playing, very well done!

Nao, mor plox ^_^

Offline Ganoan

• Wondering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2011, 23:24:27 »
Very interesting and exciting level! Played it through today.
I'm just wondering, why I didn't discover this beautiful level earlier... scary... :huh:

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2012, 23:52:53 »
Alright, 2 things - 3 actually -

1) great game!

2) Where the heck is the secret ending!?!? - I have all four keys and all the power ups - and have completed the normal ending (getting back power-ups, etc)

3) In the forest maze - before the faerie pond  - where is this "wise man who knows all the possible solutions to conflict" and in the maze - Juni glows green at one point - I looked and looked and looked around the area she was glowing green at - and nothing - no secret entrance - no special object - nothing. Am I missing something?

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2012, 00:17:05 »
ok - I see the walkthrough now. :-)   ......brb (going to 'play mah sum mo' Knytt Stories!)

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2012, 08:16:50 »
I spy a Void screen!

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2015, 19:47:46 »
Well, the final boss challenge is definitely the most interesting part of the level, but not so interesting as the WHITE elephant itself :D.
Just kidding, it's a nice level.
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2015, 14:43:39 »
Thanks for giving my first level a try, CWolvie! I'm glad you liked it.

I didn't even think there would be any unread feedback here... but apparently there is! It's been so long since I released this level that I didn't even bother to check the entire thread when I linked to it. My mistake :P2  I'll take this opportunity to fix all the reported errors and make some small edits in a slightly improved version of this map (coming soon, hopefully).

I'd also like to try my hand at finishing the uncolored drawings for the cutscenes, but that will take me a lot more time, since I don't have the help of my original artist anymore.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: [Challenge/Puzzle][Medium][Hard] The Legend of the White Elephant
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2015, 17:00:43 »
I've put together a revised version of this level, which finally brings it to v1.0 after being stuck in 0.9.1 for ages. This update fixes all the reported errors (hopefully) and includes colored versions of all the cutscene drawings. Also, almost every screen in the level has been edited to improve the visuals and minimize some gameplay related annoyances.

[ Download the final version here ]

(The links on the first post have also been updated)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 18:52:30 by Vegetal Gibber »
Some KS levels by me:

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Puzzle][Medium][Hard] The Legend of the White Elephant
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2015, 18:57:20 »
So...I'm pretty excited! I have to download it now and play it. It's one of my favorite levels, although it's been a long time, since I've played it so it brings back memories :).
My fav areas are definitely the cave and that with fairies.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 19:00:34 by CWolvie »
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran