[Environmental][Surreal/ Creepy] Tremorran Tarot

• 11 Replies

Offline Kyodo

• View Profile
[Environmental][Surreal/ Creepy] Tremorran Tarot
« on: April 17, 2010, 08:26:55 »
It's quite an undertaking for me to actually finish a Knytt level, but this one has promise! :D
It is a level with very stylized custom graphics (possibly dull at times), all custom music, and a creepy and hopefully shiver-inducing atmosphere.
Actually, all the music is already done and on Youtube, so :
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kyodo8#p/p

Basic Premise:

In this world many things are less than ideal. But why do we settle for what we cannot stand? Some things may never change. On the other hand, some things can be changed quite easily. With only a minimal amount of luck some great changes can be made instantly.

Out of love? Let's hope you pick the Two of Hearts!
Or how about just another good friend? Well, then let's hope its the Ten of Petals!
Feeling under the weather? That's what the One of Spades is for!
Would you like to know more about the universe? There's infinite wisdom waiting for you in the Eight of Moons.

But, there are risks, of course...
Pick the One of Hearts, and you will be alone forever.
The One of Petals will leave you hated by all.
The Ten of Spades will kill you off.
The Three of Moons will drive you mad.
And there is always the Decagram. Out of the 111 cards, the single Decagram has the potential to do anything.
Good or bad.

Care to pick a card?  >)

Screenshots:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:19:34 by LPChip »

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Re: [Environmental][Surreal/ Creepy] Tremorran Tarot
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:48:22 »
Good to see you back! I remember Cubed being a very intriguing idea and was afraid you'd give up on KS completely after that. Anyway, the music seems like it would work beautifully. The concept is, er, well, I can't quite understand how the level is going to work from the text you posted. I guess that was intentional  :crazy:

Could you give us at least one screenshot? :)

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 15:58:15 »
What a coincidence... these days, I've been thinking about making an environmental horror/creepy level focused on exploration and puzzles. The idea seems just too cool to me.

The sample music is awesome :D  This and the enigmatic intro set a creepy, mysterious atmosphere for the adventure. I'd love to see a screenshot too. Can't wait! :)
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Kyodo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 22:31:17 »
Screenshots!!!  C)p
Gah, image compression!  :/
Well, as you can see, its a very abstract landscape. I guess the intro didn't explain very much about the situation, but it will make sense. Really.
Oh, and right after I took these, when I opened the editor the entire level was missing. I sorta freaked out, but realized that I was just way outside the map area for some reason.
Scary stuff.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 22:34:41 by Kyodo »

Offline Kyodo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 23:50:11 »
I'm making good progress, and added new screenshots to the first post! The level should be done soon if I can put enough time into it.  :D

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 04:53:25 »
I remember seeing this level. I was looking forwards to it (probably only 'cause the tileset was something different, but still.) Was it ever released?
Lurk more.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 15:48:05 »
I was looking forward to playing this level too. I very much hope the project isn't dead :(

Offline Kyodo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 09:21:44 »
I'm glad you guys are still interested!
I haven't been working on this level recently, but I'm going to finish it now that you reminded me!
The main problem was the size, so I got a little bored after a while... I just need to buckle down and do it I guess~
I'll keep you updated~ :D

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 19:44:30 »
Eh, good to hear you're going to finish it. Good luck and I hope to see this soon  :)

Offline Kyodo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 04:38:37 »
Anyone who is still following this:
I'm sorry to pull this excuse on you guys, but in the same fashion as many projects before mine, this one was lost when my computer was reformatted.
I thought my Knytt Stories folder was safely stored on my external drive, but alas, it was not.
Anyway, I figured it would be common courtesy to inform anyone who was anticipating this level. I'm sorry it was never finished... D:
However, I plan to make this into a full-fledged game of its own someday.

So until then, keep shuffling~ >:D

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 13:11:46 »
Ahhhh, reformating. The fear, the hatred, the death of all good Knytt Story levels and makers. Show me a great level in Level Previews that hasn't and won't have that problem >.<
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~