World Of Text

• 113 Replies

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Re: World Of Text
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 02:06:02 »
  • Keep it the way it is and add a disclaimer to the first post that it is indeed anonymous and everyone should accept this before contributing.
"Free-for-all" wasn't a big enough hint, eh?

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 03:00:27 »
Apparently.
o__  o

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 07:00:29 »
Well, just because you can draw a bunch of penises all over the place doesn't mean you should, nor does it mean that everyone should just accept it if it happened.

However, if everyone just didn't do things they think others might dislike, I think it would be fine.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:14:19 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 07:41:33 »
Were can i find a table to copy the symbols onto it?

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 08:43:46 »
Well, just because you can draw a bunch of penises all over the place doesn't mean you should, nor does it mean that everyone should just accept it if it happened.
I'm not saying everyone should suddenly be tolerant of ASCII phalli in any context, but that if they use World of Text, they should acknowledge it as an unpreventable possibility, and if they're too afraid to have their work desecrated, they can simply avoid using World of Text, or perhaps take one of the more complex routes of my second and third proposals.

However, if everyone just didn't do things they think others might dislike, I think it would be fine.
I may or may not utterly despise it when people draw Juni without crossed eyes on World of Text.  You all had better not do that anymore!
Also, this right here doesn't cover the case of malicious world of text users: you can't stop malice by saying "we don't like that" because malice is when that is assumed (right?!), and it can't be enforced so there is no compelling reason to rethink and adhere to your guidelines.
o__  o

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 09:43:41 »
I'm not saying everyone should suddenly be tolerant of ASCII phalli in any context, but that if they use World of Text, they should acknowledge it as an unpreventable possibility, and if they're too afraid to have their work desecrated, they can simply avoid using World of Text, or perhaps take one of the more complex routes of my second and third proposals.
True that.

I may or may not utterly despise it when people draw Juni without crossed eyes on World of Text.  You all had better not do that anymore!
Well maybe I want to draw Juni's eyes the way I like them. That's no reason for you to change them to your preferred state.
That is, unless I don't mind you changing them.
It's all a matter of respect. If I say "Don't edit this", or something to that effect, then you probably shouldn't edit it, right?

Also, this right here doesn't cover the case of malicious world of text users: you can't stop malice by saying "we don't like that" because malice is when that is assumed (right?!), and it can't be enforced so there is no compelling reason to rethink and adhere to your guidelines.
Yeah, but the only thing I remember being done with "malicious intent" was the trololo thing.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 07:03:34 »
*clicks link*
WHAT THE FU-*boom*
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 00:35:13 »
URGH
THE PLACE GOT TROLLED AGAIN
This makes me rather angry.
 >( >( >(

*starts re-building Juni for the 400th time*

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 00:38:18 »
I have finished off an ASCII of the main charachter from FiNCK. to see it, scroll left, it's with the rest of my stuff. wait.... it didn't get trolled, did it? (i'm currently on a school laptop and can't load WOT)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 12:11:18 »
It got trolled. This is really getting annoying.

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 12:48:09 »
Spoiler: niffmines (click to show/hide)

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 12:51:48 »
They completely erased all my ASCII :sad:.
For that reason, i will no longer be posting any ASCII on WOT, but instead here (hopefully the mods will make an [ASCII] tag)
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 13:33:54 »
Shucks :/ Seems like the troll was really bored out of his mind. Randomly erasing all that text and ASCII art must have taken quite a bit of time. Pokey the Penguin is now in a better place (one probably filled with arctic-circle candy). Oh, well... it was fun while it lasted :P2

My condolences for the loss of the ASCII art and the Niffmines.
Some KS levels by me:

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 18:19:37 »
For that reason, i will no longer be posting any ASCII on WOT, but instead here (hopefully the mods will make an [ASCII] tag)
That was a fast ASCII tag creation. :P
Lurk more.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 18:52:25 »
That's it, I'm giving up on this place. I will no longer be posting any ASCII art, only to have some half-brained idiot who lives in his parents' cellar delete it so that he can laugh at how angry he can make me. It's just pathetic, and I sincerely hope that whoever did this ends their days as a failure, after wasting their life winding people up for laughs.

[/overreaction]

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)