Game crashing

• 7 Replies
Game crashing
« on: April 09, 2010, 21:48:53 »
First of all I must say. I downloaded the demo, loved it and then bought the game. I am sorta confused at why it is crashing at the same place. I have attached the image. Now when at this screen when i press the right arrow key, the highlighted circle besides 'Laser Enabled' moved one to the right and the computer just restarts. There is a blue screen for a millisecond but too short to give me time to read what it means. Hope you'll be able to figure it out and help me. :)

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 23:04:30 »
there's a setting that disables istant-restart after a BSOD, and there are also programs that read the dump files that are created on any occurrence of such. google for either, maybe, to get more information on it? :)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 23:28:22 »
That's also really weird. I need to report it to Clickteam like I did with the other problems, but for that I need some kind of crash log. You can skip that area by locating the game's Savegame.ini (in the user account's application data folder) and in the [Polvere] group set Flag 9=1

This will solve the puzzle so you can continue. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, the game is designed with Multimedia Fusion 2 so in this case the problem is related to its runtime or one of its extensions. Normally it's easy to get such problems fixed by reporting them to Clickteam, but in case of something that only happens on a very few systems and isn't easily reproducable on another machine, it can be a real pain :(

If there's a crash log and some information about what operating system and hardware you're on, I could report the problem to Clickteam though.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 23:48:10 by Nifflas »

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 11:36:19 »
I was able to check the bluescreen by disabling autorestart (thanks to Miss Paula for the tip). The error is
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP 0x000000D1 (0x000070C8, 0x00000007, 0x00000000, 0xB9E0988D)

atapi.sys B9E0988D base at B9E00000 Data stop 4802539d

I am attaching the system info log with this post. Hope it helps and thanks for the response. :)

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 17:59:28 »
Sorry to break it to you, but that can't possibly be Saira's fault. If there's a blue screen, it means either:

* One of your drivers has screwed up
* Your hardware has screwed up

Atapi.sys manages this, but it really shouldn't be crashing. You can probably find some help by searching, but it's definitely your computer and not Saira. I guess Saira is just stressing your computer out enough to trigger the problem.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 18:39:03 »
Yves at the Clickteam staff responded with the same thing. It's interesting though that it happens at that particular place in the game and not randomly.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 16:41:18 »
Hmm, I do agree if it's only happening with me it's an issue with my system. Although I've never had this problem with any other game. Anyway it crashes again at the location shown in the image at Goldschmidt. This time it's not even allowing me to open the panel. :(

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 15:21:45 »
Well, it's not so much just because it's only happening with your system, rather because it's a BSoD. Even if I wanted to write a program to cause a BSoD, I couldn't. That's because BSoDs can only be caused by drivers crashing, not software or games. I wonder if there's a way you can work out which driver is causing the BSoD and then update it? Perhaps it's the graphics card driver?

It is weird that it only happens with Saira, yes. I guess Saira must just be doing the exact right thing to cause the driver to crash.