[Challenge/Scenic][Easy][Small] An Untitled Adventure (KS Compo Entry)

• 7 Replies

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Made for SecretGlitch's 2-screen wide KS Competition.

This level is short (as in a few minutes of gameplay short), and focuses on small, contained environments instead of one continuous theme for the whole level. In accordance with the competition rules, there is also a light challenge element, but even the worst League of Crap Players member should be able to breeze by it.

The level can be found here.

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
Wow, I guess I'm still a total newbie, because I didn't recognize several of those tile sets.  I'm also the crappiest of the crappy.   

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

And that is as far as I got.  Don't know what power up I could have possibly missed.  Surely I'm not so crappy I can't jump high enough!  That would truly be crappy. 

Interesting concept though.  The abrupt shifts from tile set to tile set without an apparent relationship was just a little weird though.  I think they could have been a little more progressive somehow.  Nice entry.

And that is as far as I got.  Don't know what power up I could have possibly missed.  Surely I'm not so crappy I can't jump high enough!  That would truly be crappy.
Are you double jumping to the sparkles?

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)
Can't see screenshots. :/
[nijaedit]Never mind.
Lurk more.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

And that is as far as I got.  Don't know what power up I could have possibly missed.  Surely I'm not so crappy I can't jump high enough!  That would truly be crappy. 
Yeah, I think you missed the doublejump powerup. Not sure how, though...

Also, thanks. :D

Yeah, I think you missed the doublejump powerup. Not sure how, though...
I'm guessing forgot that he had the double jump powerup.
Lurk more.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
I just replayed it again.  Yeah, I diffidently get the double jump, but it only gets me to the top of the statues head, not up to the sparkles.   O_o  Is there another power up that is well hidden that I missed?

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
I just replayed it again.  Yeah, I diffidently get the double jump, but it only gets me to the top of the statues head, not up to the sparkles.   O_o  Is there another power up that is well hidden that I missed?
Try jumping from the little ledge near the left that's one tile higher. Oh, and don't open your umbrella until you reach the breeze; jumping with it open lowers how high you jump.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Open it AAAAAFFFFTERRR you jump.  Gotcha.