[Environmental] - Ancient Lands

• 91 Replies
Re: [Environmental/Maze] - Ancient Lands
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 23:57:58 »
Why is there a small white cross in that first screen? Is the protagonist Christian?
Lurk more.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 00:00:28 »
Promising levels are good. This is a promising level.

Why is there a small white cross in that first screen? Is the protagonist Christian?

I'm pretty sure that's one of those firefly objects.
good bye

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 00:01:24 »

I'm pretty sure that's one of those firefly objects.
Oh. heheh.
Lurk more.

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 00:02:54 »
The first screen there is really really dark, and my contrast dislikes me. :I
grao!

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 00:30:53 »
The first screen there is really really dark, and my contrast dislikes me. :I
I'm relentlessly fooling around with my monitor's color and brightness settings trying to find one that makes those screens not look good, but I can't find anything.
X)
Lurk more.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 00:31:24 »

Yea, it's just a firefly. I don't put any religious references in my levels.  :P2

Promising levels are good. This is a promising level.

Thanks. I am trying very hard to make this a great level. Does anyone mind if it uses my own KS mod? It means you'd have to use the mod to play it, but it'd have many features that I can't do with normal KS. Just wondering what everyone thinks about that. As for you, DMC, I've made the background a tad lighter, so it should be better. (You'll probably see a screen of that soonish).  :)

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 00:34:45 »
I think, atleast, there should be two versions: a great regular KS level, and an excellent Blox's KS mod level.
Lurk more.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 00:38:27 »
It depends on how good those features are, really.

That cave does seem too dark; I thought the screenshot was pure black (except for Juni and the fireflies) until I looked closely at it.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 00:55:06 »
I don't like the idea of downloading an unofficial version of KS... :S
But if it does require your mod, then so be it.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 00:58:01 »
I don't really want to say much about the capability of my mod, but if it helps at all, EarthBound015 liked it so much he won't release a Normal KS version of his level, DV. The features are well worth it, and I'm adding one now that'd blow your minds. :shifty:

Anyway, that's still a bit far off; the level is still using normal KS at the moment. :)

I understand that an unofficial KS might not seem appealing, but this mod currently two levels being made for it, so you'd have to get it for those two anyway. And it doesn't feature anything odd; it's only supposed to be an advancement on KS, not make it something different. Anyway, again, I'm only thinking about it, and I won't do it if I don't think people wouldn't get the level then.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 01:10:02 »
Have you considered asking Nifflas to release it as official? If your features are well implemented, I think he would mind at all.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2009, 01:22:14 »
I haven't, actually. And it's because the code is messy, probably not very Nifflas-like, and it isn't near done, I'm adding features all the time. Additionally, while the features I've added work, but I'm sure there are quirks if you do it in an odd way, so I don't really think that'll happen.

And also, I like spoiling everyone, so:

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 01:41:08 »
If I reach that area, I'm going to have to majorly amp up the brightness on my computer.
Lurk more.

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 14:36:43 »
If I reach that area, I'm going to have to majorly amp up the brightness on my computer.
The brightness on mine is as high as it goes, and it still looks dark and hard to see.
grao!

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 15:15:40 »
So, after quite a few complaints, I redid the background. It is a lighter clay-like color now, and I like it a lot more anyway. (It also makes it easier to see while editing!) If you can't see the screen well now, it's you monitor, eyes or both! XD

So, don DON! Screenshot!