[Real-Time Strategy] Spring: 1944

• 0 Replies

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
[Real-Time Strategy] Spring: 1944
« on: April 04, 2010, 16:32:02 »
So, this topic is really more to showcase the Spring engine than this particular game, but that would probably be in violation of the rules.  The Spring engine is a free, open-source engine for RTS games, and it is, in a word, awesome; little more needs to be said about it.

Spring: 1944 is a game based on World War II, with an emphasis on accuracy to the time period.  It's great fun to play and should work even on low-performance computers.  Like all Spring games, it will run on Windows and Linux and has online multiplayer.  If anyone here would like to play against me, do let me know!  (I suck at the game, though  :P)
The game has Bloodless Carnage, so it's pretty safe to play in front of parents/kids/whatever.

I am not providing DIRECT download links because both the game and the Spring engine are constantly updated.

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Download Spring: 1944
Download the Spring engine - you need to do this first, unless you use the Spring: 1944 installer, which also installs the engine.  (Allegedly; I haven't done it myself, being a Linux user.)