Saira crash (Dr Watson log included)

• 4 Replies

Offline bdean

• View Profile
Saira crash (Dr Watson log included)
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:40:00 »
So ... Saira just crashed on me. I had stopped playing for about 20 minutes to get up and change a load of laundry and when I came back there was a crash. I had turned off my screen (which obviously doesn't matter) but forgot it was off and wiggled the mouse to try and wake up the PC. When the monitor was back on I noticed one of those lovely Windows error messages (forgot to check what the offending dll was and just clicked okay). The sound was still playing in the background until I clicked okay.

I had a few other crashes last night that had to do with a ntdll.dll bug that Nifflas had mentioned in a previous post. But I don't think this bug is related. It's worth noting that I have the version from Steam with all the latest updates Steam provides (don't know what version).

I really like this game and would love to play it without crashes. For what it's worth, the demo didn't crash when I tried it but it wasn't running for nearly as long (only needed a minute or two to know this is as good as everything else Nifflas does before buying it).

Re: Saira crash (Dr Watson log included)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:18:53 »
Just for kicks, does disabling PunkBuster before running Saira make a difference?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 17:50:38 »
Clickteam knows about this crash now! I hope it will be fixed!

Offline bdean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 02:31:51 »
I didn't try disabling punkbuster. However, I have not had as many problems since I've installed a newer NVidia driver. That might've been it.

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 03:28:17 »
Makes sense, since that crash was graphics related!