Apply for beta testing here!

• 28 Replies
Re: Apply for beta testing here!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 09:15:03 »
I would love to beta test.  

Unfortunately my perfectionism and insistence on making all my own tilsesets has resulted in me never finishing my levels.  The best work I've done that has been publicly released was the Forgotten Tower section of Paradise Last, Johnny Chthonic's level.  That section involved pretty complicated and intricate level design, and I also created the tilesets.

My only released level other than that was a tiny concept level from way back, called A Hike in Candy Valley (weak level design, but original tilesets.)

Oh, and I also made a level for Knytt Experiment called Trick-or-Treat (with original tileset and animations.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:27:11 by back seat astronaut »

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 15:08:05 »
There's one catch though, to apply you must be interested in the level editing aspect of the game. You basically apply by responding in this thread linking to a knytt stories level that you have created. I do this to pick testers who are familear with my earlier games and are capable of creating nice levels.

Could you specify what a "nice level" is?
I have made quite a few levels, but only finished three of them. Must the level be finished to qualify?
None are particularly eye appealing, so if you must be able to make really good looking levels, I'm out. I can make pretty "okay" designs, though.
They are all focused on gameplay. The majority of them are just tests to see if an idea works, and could be developed. If by "nice levels" you mean clever design and original ideas, a little think outside the box, I guess I'm in.
There is only one level I really would consider a "normal"/"general" level, but it's my first one and have recieved much negative criticism, though I really like the challenges myself. I guess I designed the level for myself, with exactly the right difficulty and blah. But since other's generally didn't like it much I guess I shouldn't show that one. And maybe I shouldn't attempt to do more "normal" levels. But, that was a long time ago, just like the rest of them.

Or could I just give you a zip with all of them? If so, please keep in mind that many are just tests, unfinished and that stuff. I could do much better if I just had the motivation, which I think this beta tester position could give me.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 16:24:31 »
Well, the idea is basically that you link to a single level of choice, there isn't any specific criteria apart from if I'll like it.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 16:50:03 »
Well, the idea is basically that you link to a single level of choice, there isn't any specific criteria apart from if I'll like it.
I kinda linked to all my levels, didn't I? :P
Still, The fathers son is probably the one I'm the most proud of.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:00:21 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Ble

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 17:06:06 »
I would love to help out testing your new game. I was mainly active here a few years ago and I created two knytt stories levels. The best one was probably Change the view! It's ugly, but some might find some of the ideas interesting.

I also made speedruns of most of your levels, if that help in any way: http://www.youtube.com/user/olleble?feature=mhw5#p/c/817324FAA00D5E06

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 23:28:47 »
I would like to join up as well!
I love KS level editing, and pushing the borders of what we know
my personal favourite level is
Fear
Hope you like it!

EDIT:
Ok, Ok, sorry. Fixed
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 00:54:39 by AClockworkLemon »
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 00:42:14 »
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 00:55:59 »
Okay, sorry about my previous post mentioning more than one level.  Please disregard that post and consider this post my official beta application.

I've just released a standalone edition of The Forgotten Tower, the section I made for Johnny Chthonic's level 'Paradise Last'.  Please consider that my "single level of choice".  :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:06:15 by back seat astronaut »

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 02:33:40 »
Well then. The Void Challenge is probably my favourite (at least gameplay wise), but I think you will like Knytt Shop better. It's a little experiment I did back when the powerup adding/removing shifts were new.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 20:15:12 »
Super Mario Bros. 2 meets Knytt? I'd love to beta test that!

My best (only) level is Cube.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 01:42:23 »
Ooh! Ooh! Me! Pick me!

It's a hard choice, but I think the level I'm most proud of is Outer Reaches.

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 16:35:29 »
Well, this actually got me revisiting my old KS level and finishing it.
It's nothing special, though I got lotsa nice reactions back when I was active on the Forums. It's quite short, but I guess you might like it if ... I dunno?

Have fun anyways!

http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Yonowaaru%20-%20Mount%20Ignis.knytt.bin

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 07:41:52 »
I would try to betatest the new game!
The Planet of Monsters and The Knytt World is level which I like most.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 15:34:29 »
Okey! Time is up for applications. I'll lock this topic. If you're accepted you should see a beta testing sub-board within two hours from me posting this (I still have to set it up).