Report to Moderator can be used to report anything.

• 7 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Report to Moderator can be used to report anything.
« on: March 30, 2010, 12:13:42 »
It seems that people got a bit of a misunderstanding what the "Report to moderator" button can and can't be used for.

For that reason, I've decided to start this topic.

Basically, the report to moderator button links the post which you have a comment on to text written by you, which you can use to inform us about anything. This will often be used to report when someone is breaking the rules, but it can also be used to inform us for other staff related issues.

Its not only for reporting spam, but also other things you find annoying, like someone's signature that suddenly breaks the layout. Although I do see people use it, I strongly think that some people think its only used in case of real emergencies, which isn't true.

I hope this topic makes things more clear.

I'll not lock this topic so you can post question if you have any.

Edit by LPChip: I've changed: This is often used for breaking the rules to: This is often used to report when someone is breaking the rules
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 17:42:59 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Re: Report to Moderator can be used to report anything.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 13:34:32 »
Is that so? I'll use the button rightaway!

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 00:01:05 »
Ah, thanks. That does clear things up.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 05:02:50 »
...Sorry. :oops: (SiamJai, you know what I mean...)
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 05:44:23 »
No problem, Pumpkin. :) Your comment was useful to figure this out, so - thanks! :-)

Guys, I too would like to emphasize how very useful it is for us when you report stuff. Using your report, we can get right to the problem and fix it. When the best fix is not immediately apparent, your report becomes a starting point for staff discussion. So please, if you see anything that you think needs to be changed/deleted/improved or looked into, click that button!  ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:09:25 by SiamJai »

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 09:54:42 »
And a little bit more background info:

When you report a post, a new topic is started in our moderation section. We actively check this place on every visit we do, and some of us also has a warn by email set on new topics for this forum. When the new post is made, it gives us a link to the topic in question along with the comment you made in the report. We check out the stuff and either 2 things happen:

1. We deal with it instantly, and reply in that topic what we done
2. We aren't sure, but we post what we think about it, so other staff members can give their thought, and based on the replies we make a decision and then deal with it.

Of course, if a report has already been dealt with, we won't take further actions.

Do note, that when we need a new moderator, this will be the first place we look. Who made reports, and how usefull were they, based on the info it gave and how right it was. Wrong doesn't necessarily means that you no longer will be a candidate for a moderator, but if you are not sure, then it will help if you say: I am not sure, but I think/this looks...

You obviously can't always know if someone is a spammer, so when you think someone can be, always report.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 11:56:55 »
Hmm, so the more we press the report button, the higher our chances of being a moderator?

...juuuuuust kidding.
Thanks for clearing this up.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 21:46:40 »
Hmm, so the more we press the report button, the higher our chances of being a moderator?

...juuuuuust kidding.
Thanks for clearing this up.

Well no. The better you use the button, the higher the chances are C)

MODPlug Central Forum