New 2-hour Knytt Stories level creation event this weekend!

• 60 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
We have 2 chances to win a competition!

Sort of. In the case of Knytt of the Month Klub, everyone who participates is a winner.

Also, I'd like to suggest that people make an account on Glorious Trainwrecks in order to use the submission system there if they haven't already. This isn't essential, though.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 13:17:26 by sergiocornaga »

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
Would it be okay if I did a little brainstorming prior to the competition?  I'm heavily intent on jamming some custom content in, but I kinda' wanna' know what kind of theme I'll do before I try it.  I won't work on the content itself 'till competition time, of course.  So, would brainstorming be encouraged or discouraged?  All in my head, essentially.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Would it be okay if I did a little brainstorming prior to the competition?

That's fine.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Whats the point in doing a timed competition if you know beforehand what to expect?

Isn't a limited time compo exactly for having a very short time to come up with an idea and executing it properly?

I'm sure the competition is not about showing how fast you can make a level, right?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
Whats the point in doing a timed competition if you know beforehand what to expect?

Isn't a limited time compo exactly for having a very short time to come up with an idea and executing it properly?

I'm sure the competition is not about showing how fast you can make a level, right?
At this point, I've only got my very base idea.  I'll see where I can go with that.  I'm likely to change it up a little, anyway.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
The event's over. Three levels were made!

I like the music and the use of fog to obscure things in your level Ultigonio. Do you want to enter it into the short time frame themed KS level competition? Oh, and if you do want to, feel free to spend some extra time working on it if you'd like.

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
I am almost definitely going to be entering it into that competition, Sergio.  I do, indeed, intend to use the time I have left to extend it quite a bit.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Glorious Trainwrecks Knytt Stories Events
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 15:37:26 »
Hey Healy! I quoted your announcement in the first post. I also updated the thread title to make this thread more multi-purpose, in case I ever forget it exists.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Re: Glorious Trainwrecks Knytt Stories Events
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 03:07:17 »
Glorious Trainwrecks is having a special End-of-the-World Event! People are putting up old games of theirs that they can't complete to see if anyone else can, and I'm no different. Here are some Knytt Stories I've put up: Jungly Gym, Juni in the Underground, Going Mobile, and Rainy Days and Mondays. I might put up some more later. These levels might be claimed soon, though, so if you want to finish one you better hurry! (As an aside, I don't think the world is going to end tomorrow, so if you need a lot of time on these that's okay.)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: New 2-hour Knytt Stories level creation event this weekend!
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2015, 16:33:46 »
The Knytt of the Month Klub has risen from the grave!

Come make a Knytt Stories level in 2 hours over at Glorious Trainwrecks. Or take longer than that if you want! We don't care too much about cheating, it's more to provide a convenient window to chat about progress on IRC. It all goes down Sunday 8pm (EDT time). When's that for you? Find out here!

Hope to see you there! You may want to register an account on the site so you'll be able to post your level there.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2015, 18:55:14 »
The Knytt of the Month Klub has risen from the grave!

Come make a Knytt Stories level in 2 hours over at Glorious Trainwrecks. Or take longer than that if you want! We don't care too much about cheating, it's more to provide a convenient window to chat about progress on IRC. It all goes down Sunday 8pm (EDT time). When's that for you? Find out here!

Hope to see you there! You may want to register an account on the site so you'll be able to post your level there.

Sounds like fun.  You can count me in.  ;)
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2015, 18:57:56 »

Haha, I thought you didn't do small levels?  :P

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2015, 19:02:41 »

Haha, I thought you didn't do small levels?  :P

Not on my own initiative, no. Can't really make a big level in 2 hours though, can I?  :P
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2015, 07:03:34 »
I might partake in this! Looks fun!